🖤 Wadanohara × Red!Reader (Hallucination) 🖤

Thank you piticalusername for your request! Hope you like it ❣️

**

"Where are you, little sister?

Where have you gone?

Why can't I reach you anymore?

I am reaching out my hand...

But it feels like I can't get any closer to you.

You're turning your back on me, you're going away.

You're farther and farther away.

Don't you want to stay with me a bit longer?

Don't you want to play with me one last time?

I close my fist, but I'm not holding anything.

You're not here anymore.

Maybe you were never here."

I thought I heard a distant echo saying those words.

I was nauseated.

What being with even an ounce of dignity could ever allow themselves to complain in such a pathetic way?

...I didn't even made a sound when I was initiated, on the other hand.

When I was initiated, that's right; my mind refused to gather and restore the missing pieces, my mind was an enormous, dull abyss, my memory was scattered and dissipated. Every memory was fragmented and was dragged away by the waves, taking away every sense of self I latched onto until that moment.

My sense of self was in continuous change like the water of a flooding river; but it at least attempted to solidify onto the river banks --- with time, some debris piled up, leaving a trace -- an obvious trace of my presence and my impact, somewhere in this world... in the vain attempt to give substantiality to what, otherwise, was simply a ghost.

I've always been the forgotten and invisible sister.Obviously, Wadanohara never meant to, on the contrary. But I couldn't compete against here way of being so selfless - a ray of sunshine in other people's lives! I was never able to be as kind and helpful as her.

I've always felt selfish by comparison. Or at least a bit uncaring.Through the years, our roles only became more settled and solidified. My ever-changing sense of self coagulated around that concept - the concept of being uncaring. Nice and easy, but still vague enough to still change and adapt to others - still able to receive new definitions. And yet I was content with it - it was something rather than that old, dull abyss.

That night, my initiation bent even that unstable sense of self, to the point of total infringement and fragmentation.

My initiation... some people would rather define it as a corruption.But it wasn't a corruption to me at the time.

I was just glad that someone was finally giving me an identity.

I was just glad that someone was giving me shape, as if I was clay in their hands - waiting to fill that form they gave me, to conform to the model they gave me. I was simply a liquid that was spilling in every and any direction, slipping away, struggling to find a proper container that could keep it all in one place.

He gave me that container.

A new label.

A new way to define myself.

A new boundary to be kept in.

A new vocation, a new meaning, a new life, a new goal, "a new dream".

"You're my new dream", maybe I even said such sappy words at some point.

The entire universe was being redefined in that very moment -- or so it seemed to my own megalomania.

**

<<Wake up, y/n! You're my sister!>>.

I heard a distant voice say these words.

<<It's useless, sweet Wadda. This is the price you have to pay for not listening to me>> someone replied. They had a ridicolously high-pitched voice, a sharp sound, almost like nails on glass. They scornfully laughed.

In that moment, I heard the whimpers of that girl echoing in the dungeon's walls.I got up and I slowly wrapped my arm around my new partner's.

<<Who's that, darling?>>.

At first, he stayed silent. <<A stubborn girl who's regretting her choices>> he said.

I looked her closely. She was down on the ground, on her knees. Her eyes were glossy, her blue dress was dirty and ripped. She was looking at me insistently.

<<I'm so sorry...>> she gulped: <<I tried to save you, but I... my sister...>>.

<<Save me? From what?>> I giggled.

<<Wadanohara>> someone chimed in. Their voice came from behind us.I turned just enough to see who that was.

A shark was slowly coming towards us. He was holding his left eye with a hand. It was bleeding profusely. He glanced at me, furios.Then he turned towards the little witch in front of us.

<<We can't do anything anymore>> he said.

The girl bursted out sobbing.<<They're gone, Wadanohara>> the shark sighed.

<<No...! I-->> she suddenly got up on her feet and got closer to me - not minding the presence of my powerful partner!

She grabbed me by my shoulders, her eyes were filled with tears: <<Y/n! Y/n, please, listen to me! You're my sister! Please, come back...>>.

The shark lost his patience: he snatched her by her arm and forced her to get back from me.

<<It's useless>>.

And she cried and cried...

I spontaneously started giggling.

<<A stranger who acts so desperate for my own sake! How pathetic>>.

I inspected her closely, smiling.She was staring at me, her eyes wide open in shock.

<<Wadanohara? Why do you look so sad?>> I whispered: <<After all, I'm... I'm so happy>>.

She stopped breathing.

<<Come on, Wadanohara, laugh>>.

There was a moment of silence.

Then, I laughed.