🖤 Rock × Yukisada (We haven't seen each other in so long!) 🖤

I know, another update THIS SOON?? sometimes I'm insane.

Requested by Dierley999 🌟❤️🌟

I'm sorry this took so -fucking- long. I don't even know if you're still out there. If you are, there it is...

This one is set before the characters move to Iceberg Isle... I kinda put together canon universe and the School!AU because why the fuck not. Yeah I posted it in italian and now it's in english. Enjoy!

**

<<Wow, we haven't seen each other in so long!>>.

<<...Yeah. It's weird seeing you like this>>.

<<Haha, what do you mean? You think I'm different?>>.

<<...No. Not at all>>.

<<Oh... well, I hope that's not a bad thing>> Yukisada went on, sipping his bubble tea.

Of course, if they met again was only thanks to Yukisada. A dear friend of his, Peraco, recently graduated, and of course she posted some pictures all over social media. Weirdly enough, Rock consented to be taken a picture of, and for it to be posted.

That was when the owl decided to reach out again.

<<You seem so different, instead>> Yukisada said: <<I mean. You were a withdrawn person even then. But you didn't smoke, for one>>.

<<I already smoked. Just, not in class>>.

<<Ah... right, it makes sense>>.

Yukisada kept on sipping on his bubble tea. <<How were your takoyaki?>>.

<<Good, they're good here, I must say>>.

<<Yeah, true! Wait, you're telling me you've never been here before?>>.

<<...No, I've never been here. I don't go out a lot, truth be told. I'd rather focus on work>>.

<<Oh, yeah, I guess. What do you do now?>>.

<<I'm a mechanic at my father's garage. The old man is gonna die soon>>.

Yukisada chuckled, if a bit nervously.

<<Why weren't you at her graduation?>>.

<<Oh, yknow. I couldn't. I was... busy>> Yukisada's face clouded over.

Rock stuck up an eyebrow: <<You sure? Nothing else?>>.

<<I'll tell you another time, maybe...>>.

<<Sure, sure. It's none of my business. Do you mind if we go out?>> Rock said, lifting his hand. He'd just finished to roll up his cigarette.

Yukisada nodded, taking his bubble tea with him.

They got out of the café.

<<Oh, I know a cute place not far from here>> the owl said. So they went for a walk.

Yukisada was a bit pensive, staring at the edge of his snow boots. He was bundled up in his pastel pink scarf, his coat all closed up with bottons. His hoodie fell on his shoulders, and he had a beanie on his head, that was the same hue as the scarf. His breath hovered in the air: it was so cold that it was visible.

Sometimes, Rock's puffs of smoke caressed his face. He didn't mind.

<<Can you believe?>> he stated: <<We met exactly twelve years ago, in sixth grade>>.