🖤 Idate × Gris (Ortensie) 🖤

Requested by Donut-bunny 💕

image by @bl00dalchemist_ on instagram

💥💥

<<Hey, hey, look! There's snails here>>.

<<Oooh! They're so slimy>> Idate chuckled: <<I wanna touch 'em!>>.

Gris frowned a bit: <<I don't know, they're a bit gross. Pick up a stick at least>>.

<<Okay!>> the little orca springed up and ran towards the nearest hydrangeas bush.

His costly tiny shoes dipped into the huge, muddy puddles - his mother surely would've gone crazy mad if she saw him ruining his nice clothes that way. On the other hand, avoiding puddles was almost impossible on that island, Hydrangea Island; in fact, its main characteristic was to be a place where it rained costantly, even though nobody knew exactly why. There were legends about it though: was it witches? was it demons? - it didn't really matter to the two kids. They just wanted to have fun.

More precisely, they wanted to have fun in a place far away from anyone else.

That was the reason why Idate was so excited about having found that cute island - that he also found a friend was simply secondary.

It was the first time he went there, actually - and it was also the first time he stepped outside his birth city, Orcinopolis.

He didn't expect to meet anyone there, he thought it'd be a lonely stroll. And yet, as soon as he stepped further into the island he heard someone weeping.

Curious as orcas are, he walked closer to the whimpering voice, and to his surprise he found another child, who had to be around the same age as him. The kid was sitting on the ground, near a cave, and was rubbing his glossy eyes.

<<Hey! Why are you crying?>> he greeted him this way.

Gris - that was the child's name - looked up. He, too, didn't expect to see someone on that, well, isolated island.

<<I... lost my parents. I can't find them anymore>>.

Idate showed an irritating and yet innocent grin - as most kids' grins are: <<Well, good for you! I wish I lost them! That's why I'm here>>.

The little sperm whale didn't really understand what he meant, but whatever it was, it surely didn't feel reassuring.

<<Well, why the long face?>> Idate said, frowning: <<You're free now! You can finally be at peace. You're like a grown-up!>>.

The little orca leaned on him, patting him on the head with both hands: <<Congrats>>.

Gris tried to rub away his tears. He looked Idate in the eyes: <<Will you... will you at least stay with me? Just for a bit?>>.

Idate stood straight again: <<Sure! I don't have anything else to do>>.

A small smile finally spread across Gris' face. Even though that child acted a bit weird, the sperm whale ended up having a whole lot of fun with him. He probably has never been that happy in his life - though he himself didn't really realize this.

They started playing and inspecting snails together.

It was at this point that Gris suggested Idate picking up a little branch from the bushes. He stared at him from afar, butterflies in his stomach. He soon started giggling when the orca screamed and ran away from a little bee.