🖤 Rock × Demon!Reader (Isn't this what friendship is about?) 🖤

Requested by YuiSan021! <3

TW: attempted sexual assault, drug use, intoxicated characters, trauma? response

**

<<You and Idate have a past together??>>.

Rock looked at you, obviously annoyed, the cigarette hanging from his beak: <<I don't want to talk about it>>.

<<But... you mentioned it first!>>.

<<Whatever, then! Yes, there is. But I still don't want to see him, not now, not ever>>.

You chuckled a little: <<Uh, I guess he wasn't really the affectionate and cuddly type>>.

<<You'd be surprised, actually. His main issue was that he was too clingy, to be honest>>.

<<Really?>>.

<<Sure. To the point that he would periodically come back to bother me, at least he did that when we we still were friends>>.

<<Oh? And how would you react to that?>>.

<<Telling him to go fuck himself, obviously. What else did you expect?>>.

<<Oh, I don't know...>> you were a little too irriverent, so you added: <<You getting a fuck buddy, maybe>>.

<<Nah>> Rock snorted: <<He'd been too much of a dickhead, with me. It won't happen again>>.

A side of you was almost sad about it.

That was when a waiter came up your table, handing to you two your drinks. Maekami would always choose the most interesting animals as waiters. This one was an octopus, who indeed had a ton of other drinks in his other tentacles. He put down a whiskey glass for Rock, and a pink cocktail for you. It had a giant cherry on top, and little bursting bubbles were raising out of the liquid.

<<What disgusting thing is that?>> Rock huffed, sipping his liquor.

<<You wouldn't understand such a joy, Rock. You're too busy acting tough with your gin>>.

<<It's not gin>>.

<<Whatever that is. Cheers!>>.

Rock stared at you sideways, as you drank that cocktail that looked more like a weird madness potion.

<<Refreshing!>> you sighed: <<Oh, Rock, since you asked, I won't invite Idate. Let's just hope nobody else invited him>>.

<<Who could be such an idiot?>>.

<<No one, no one>> you were quick to reassure him.

<<You better be right>> Rock grumbled.

**

At the party, Idate didn't fail to make his presence known: as soon as he got in, he greeted every soul he vaguely knew as loud as possible, and immediatedly started spitting out some idiotic crap as usual.

Rock didn't speak a word, he just huffed from his cigarette, standing next to you.

Another demon - one of your kind - came up to you, as she was dancing: she had a large, blue dress and her curly hair was all sparkling with gold glitter. She twirled and, laughing, she said: <<Girl, he's really here, that's crazy! I literally thought he would just, yknow, avoid us>>.

<<Beelzeblu, did you invite him over??>>.

<<Sure, girl! He's, like, a distant relative of my uncle>>.