🤍 Rocma × Reader pt.2 (Am I guilty?) 🤍

A/N: Hey there! That one request inspired so much that I have expanded the story a bit, hehe... this one really was made for my own entertainment but I decided to share it with you guys anyway,,,
also if there was to be pt 3 would you rather for it to be posted on here or should i just create an entire story of its own? lol this is not even a twoshot anymore lmao

tw some parts a bit nsfw, rape mention, angst-y?

image by funamusea

💥💥

<<Yeah... I was kind of scared of you, too, at first>> Shirogane admitted.
<<Idate did left us some scars>> Yukisada commented.
<<Who?>> you asked.
Everyone stopped talking for a moment. Peraco also basically spitted her drink all over.
<<You never heard of him?>> Rocma broke the silence, staring at you. She was sitting right in front of you.
<<I... did not>> you said, timid.
Much to your surprise, the bear chuckled to herself: <<That does explain a lot>>.
<<What does it explain? Who is he?>>.
<<He has a bad habit of, well... terrorizing the villagers. Like eating or bullying us...>> Yukisada's voice kind of died down towards the end of the sentence.
<<Oh, I'm sorry to hear that... but...>>.
<<He's also an orca. The only one we've stumbled with so far>> Rocma answered you before you could even ask.
<<Oh. I see>> you said, pretty displeased with the information: <<Is there really no way to keep him out of the isle...?>>.
<<You fought me, didn't you? You know I'm pretty strong, to say the least. Still, I didn't have the chance to make him go away yet. Of course, I will in the future>> the bear growled a bit.
Certainly, that orca had far better fighting abilities than you. Which was a shame because it meant you couldn't even help them taking care of the issue: <<I'm sorry one from my species harasses you so much... and I can do nothing about it>> you muttered.
<<Don't even mention it, y/n! It's not your fault!>> Yukisada was quick to try to comfort you: <<Really, you did save Mafuyu, right? That's already more than you had to do for some strangers! Really, don't beat yourself up>>.
<<You shouldn't feel responsible for other people's faults. That orca really doesn't deserve that, and you should stop doing it in general>> blurted out Rocma.
<<Y-yeah>> you murmured.

All in all, the barbecue had been really sweet: even though the conversation got a bit dark towards the end, you did have a chance to chat with the others rather peacefully throughout the evening and get to know them better - plus, Yuki's roasted fish was superb. You really were glad to be able to spend more time on the island from now on. When the little party ended, you offered to help Yukisada and Shirogane clean up. Meanwhile, Rocma stared at you from afar, thinking that you were probably too nice for your own good. And you weren't even any good at fighting, even though you were an orca. What a waste, she thought. Until an idea crossed her mind...
As soon as you've finished cleaning up, she took you aside.
<<Listen. You plan to spend more time on the island, am I right?>>.
<<Y-yes>> you replied, worried.
<<Then I'll teach you how to fight properly>>.
<<Uh?>> you were a bit offended. You DID know how to fight. It's just that these two (Rocma and Idate) really went beyond any standard you've seen so far. It wasn't that you were weak: it was that those two were awfully strong. But also... that meant you were to spend more time with Rocma! So, in the end, you decided to be happy about the news.
<<Think of it as the price to pay to stay>> said the bear.
And so it was settled.

💥💥

Some weeks passed. You befriended almost everyone on Iceberg Isle at this point (except Suno-san, though that is a given, and Idate, who you didn't meet yet).
Rocma trained you properly: of course, you were no where near her level, and neither could you really put up a fight against Idate yet. Still, you did make some incredible progress since you've started - so much that Shirogane now was even pretty scared to make you mad.
The bear's coaching sessions were three times a week, which was a lot to say the least. Rocma was of course a very demanding trainer, and she would push you to your limits often. The morning after your first sessions, you would wake up to your aching muscles... and they would keep hurting all day long.
However, in the evening, after training, she'd always invite you to come over her place to drink a cup of cocoa - if Mafuyu was already asleep, she'd even offer you some liquor.
You'd chat and laugh about dumb stuff. She'd tell you about day-to-day life in the village - how much of a coward the wolf was, about Idate harassing her regularly, and so on. She told you quite a few stories about that orca - and that meant you also got to see her infuriated at times, as simply talking about him could get her dander up. In those moments, her seething eyes could send shivers down your spine. Your reaction usually made her laugh a bit and calm down.
Still, you were happy that, more often than not, she'd reveal to you a different side of her. Not a tender or emotional side at all: but an ironic and relaxed one at least.
You knew perfectly well that she didn't usually treat people in such a friendly manner.
<<Yeah, well, I'm surprised that she took the trouble to coach you in the first place. I swear I've never seen her be patient enough to do something like that, looking after Mafuyu being the only exception to the rule>> Yukisada had told you once, pensively: <<I mean, Shirogane has to constantly put up with Idate's bullying and she never cared about teaching him how to defend himself. I guess she thinks he's hopeless anyway...>>.
<<Ah...>> had been all you could say.
<<She probably saw something in you, something that she certainly didn't see in Shiro... as she treats him rather roughly, let's say...>>.
And you didn't even confessed to him that Rocma would always get you to come over her house...
You valued those nights spent together as those were the best times in your life, really. Having a chance to see her laugh and relax made your heart beat faster every time - you'd watch her, even admire her, smiling to yourself a bit. In short, you ended up looking like an idiot. As soon as you'd noticed you'd stop - you knew she wouldn't like being stared at that way.
Sometimes, when you two drank more than usual, her cheeks would turn red, which made her face even more graceful and pretty than it already was. You liked to imagine that maybe one day she'd blush that way because of a romantic gesture of yours. How cute would that be...
One time you got distracted, wondering what kind of gift would make her react that way, when you suddenly realized that she fell asleep on the table, gin glass still in hand.
Her cheek was smashed on the surface, and she seemed to be mumbling something in her sleep. You hoped she was having nice dreams - who knows, maybe she was dreaming about tearing into pieces that damn orca once and for all.
The first time she told you about Idate's flirting you even felt a tiny bit of jealousy, but that feeling soon disappeared when you realized that, in fact, the bear did not care about him at all - it wasn't a "i hate you i love you" kind of deal, but really was just about hate. That was your conclusion, and you hoped you were right.