Chapters 17 - Karen

Stacy's POV

My mom was sitting at the pool well distracted by Queen and Love. LJ was somewhere trying to convince his father to let him drive his car and Line was on the verge of giving in to him.

I don't know why LJ don't leave the man alone because I will be blamed for his behaviour.

I got a picture from Leanne of our dad on my phone. I didn't planned on ambushig her with questions about him but I was curious, I wanted to know what really happened between them.

"Mommy I want to ask you something" I said.

I want to just ease into it. My anxiety is getting the best of me, plus these hormones wasn't making it easy either.

I decided to just jump right into it.

I opened the phone and showed her the picture of David Mattis.

She look at me then back at the picture. I knew she wish she could just jump into the pool because that's where her focus shifted to.

"How did you know?" She asked.

There it was, as easy as that.

"The little girl you see around here with Mandy, that's his daughter. She found me and he found me. I met him but I didn't know he was my father" I said.

She couldn't look at me, I could  see the guilt on her face.

"So he knows you are his daughter?" She asked.

"Yes, he knows" I replied.

I called the nanny to take Queen and Love from her because I wanted her full attention.

She looked worried and lost. She wiped her face before she started talking.

"Stacy everything I did for you and Jay I did for you to have a humble and peaceful life" She said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

She was digging into her nails and I could tell it was her anxiety because I had the same habit.

"Stacy I know I will be blamed and you will call me selfish for this but you don't know the things I went through" She said.

Growing up I never thought she was hurting but as I got older I could tell now that she was lonely.

"Mommy I wouldn't blame you for anything. You worked hard to give Jay and I the best life that you possibly could" I told her.

I could see the water in her eyes. I've never seen her cry before.

"Stacy there is alot more to this. It's not as simple as it seems" She said.

"Then tell me. I am old enough to know these things now,  so tell me" I said.

She looked away from me as if she was embarrassed.

"Might as well I tell you because I am very sure he was going to tell you and its best you hear everything from me" She said.

This was starting to sound like something scary. I have never seen my mother like this.

Karen POV

"Karen I have a work for you. This man that like me. His name is David Mattis" Lyn said.

Lyn Gooms was married to a business tycoon but she wasn't happy with him. She was a party girl and didn't care much about anything, she just lived her life the way she wanted.

Her husband was much older than her so he couldn't control her and gave her space to live life with free spirited self.

"What kind of work?" I asked.