Chapters 20 - Ashes

Stacy's POV

The doctors told me I was being discharged. They gave be back my phone and I tried calling Line but he wasn't picking up.

How can you still be upset with your pregnant wife and she is in the hospital?

As if I couldn't be anymore upset, Mel walked through my room door.

When I saw her face I just knew for a fact that this child will look exactly like this woman also.

"Mel you know me nuh want my baby born looking like you?" I said.

She didn't make much of me but I guess she was upset that I stressing out her pride and joy.

"I am here to get you and take you home" She said.

"Where is your son?" I asked.

A gentlememan walked in and she handed him my bags, he was one of her securities. Why did she have her security with her?

"He is indisposed at the moment so I am here on his behalf" She said.

No something is definitely going on. Why sent Mel instead of Tricia? With security also?

"Can you call him so I could talk to him?" I asked.

She looked at me before she answered.

"Stacy he does not want to be bothered right now just get up and let's go, I'm not in the mood for this. I am doing Garrick a favour that I wish I didn't have to do" She said.

Ok then Mel, damn.

"So everyone is just going to show me that they are tired of me?" I asked.

She took a deep breath.

"Maybe we are, I know for sure that I am right now so I can just imagine how Garrick feels" She said.

I couldn't say anything about that.

I had no other choice but to just get up.

"I'm ready" I told her.

She called a nurse who came with a wheelchair.

We didn't talk on the way home. I noticed that someone was calling her and she kept declining the call.

She looked really uncomfortable and this was not like Mel.

I tried Line's phone again and this time it went straight to voicemail. I thought about calling the office but I knew Kelly would just lie for him anyways.

He has to come home so I'm just going to wait.

Chalkline's POV

Alex was the last to show up, claiming that he had a delivery. I didn't  even like seeing this man at all.

Only person was missing was Junior but I will deal with him privately.

"Suh  wah gwan me G because this nuh look like the usual suspects" Cross asked.

I didn't answer him because I was in no mood for gimmicks right now.

"Where is Mya?" I asked.

"Who?" Alex asked.

"The girl that was in the van with us and Stacy" Tyler said.

I wasn't not about to explain nothing to anyone.

"Well I figured that you already know what happened" Czar said.

All him, Czar of all fucking person.

"Suh what I am guessing is that Stacy convinced you and Cross to keep something like this from me?" I asked.

"Jah know me nuh know how me always get caught up in some fuckery between you and Stacy?" Cross asked.