Chapters 21 - Ghost

Chalkline's POV

I slept really comfortably at nights beside my wife. We didn't argue about anything. We both accepted that Steph was alive and  decided to live out lives and not allow it to be a bother to us for once.

I told Stacy that if any changes should arise then we will deal with the situation together. She ran everything by me and I ran everything by her.

"Have you seen her yet?" Stacy asked.

"No but she is going to show up soon, she is just waiting on the right time" I said.

I know Steph, she didn't like excitement so she will move in the shadows until she feel it was the right time, but I am expecting her so I won't be surprised.

"Remember Stephen said she was scared because she knew someone who was after her" She said.

"Stacy that's her problem, she knew something and was playing with fire" I said.

Stephanie's war wasn't ours. However she drag me into it to make it seem as if it was about me.

"You want me to come to the office with you?" She asked.

Given her freedom made her really quiet and obedient these days. She did nothing without me knowing.

Still wasn't given me any sex though.

"No, I won't be long" I said.

I got dress and made my way out.

I still wasn't dealing with Czar and Cross but I can tell I was being followed by them. I told Mel to call them off because I was going to shoot one of them.

Stacy's POV

David Mattis was having a dinner and he invited me to meet my siblings. I asked Jay if he would go with me and said that he would go only if I spoke to my mother.

I gave in because I wanted him to be included.

She came to the house and we had lunch together. She apologised for everything. I still haven't forgave her  but Line said he didn't want to shouting in his yard.

My friends came to visit.

"Suh Stacy yuh nuh fraid like how Steph is back, I mean you know how she and Line cyah seem to leave each other alone" Jade asked.

Leave it up to Jade to say what everyone else was thinking.

She, Tricia and Gina came over to help me get ready for dinner with my siblings tomorrow but they were more into my business.

"We talked about it and he said he didn't feel that way about her anymore after accepting the that she was dead" I said.

I didn't believe him because knowing how they were about each other made me sick sometimes.

"Aye a true enuh, because Mel told Mystro that death was the only thing that could separate them" Jade chimed in.

"Yuh and your man love people business" Tricia said.

"Talk the truth Stacy, you never glad when she did dead?" Jade asked.

We started laughing.

I didn't want to answer either, I didn't want to show how I really felt because I was helping to raise her children.

For some reason I wasn't worried about Line and Stephanie because he was genuinely fed up with her antics.

"Yeah they are going to clash for sure especially where the kids are concerned. We all know Line is very spiteful and she nah back from him, so me nuh business with them because I don't have no luck"