Greif and comfort

in the early hours of the morning, you received a phone call from your grandad telling you, your grandmother had passed in his arms.

You hated the fact you were 5000 miles away and never got to see the woman who raised you before her time ran out.

You said your goodbye to him and told him you will be back home soon. You didn't want to wake ari but she heard your cries and stirs awake

"Baby what's wrong," she asks pulling you into a hug.

You couldn't find the words you just sat there crying in her arms.

"My Grandad called, my gran she's gone and I never got to say goodbye ari I'm never gonna see her again"

"Oh baby it's okay at least she's not in any more pain we can fly out in the morning okay"

You nod and continue to sob as the woman who raised you gave you warmth comfort when your parents made you feel like an outcast your gran made you feel like one of a kind.

(skip to when you are back home)

it was a long night for you as you haven't slept since your grandad broke the news to you ari slept for most of the flight you just laid awake thinking about the memories you shared with your grandparents.

You both arrive at their house and instantly pull your, grandad, into a hug.

"It's okay sweetheart she's not in any more pain" you nod your head

"I know" you step aside to let ari greet him

"Hey Joe"

"Hello dear thank you for sticking by our y/n she's going to need you" he whispers the last part to her.

(Skip to the funeral)

As you watched your gran be lowered into the ground your heart ached.

Ari saw how broken you looked and pulled you into a hug.

"I wish this was all one big nightmare I would wake up from and she'd still be here"

"I know baby I know"

You threw some dirt and a rose into the grave, hugged your grandad told him you'd see him back at his house.

you and ari walked for a little in silence before you spoke up.

"Thank you for being here with me I don't think I would have done this without you"

"Of course, you would of baby you're so strong I know it's hard now but your gran wouldn't want you to be sad remember what she would always say to you".

"Lifes a bastard sweetheart but no one will be there for you more than the people who love you most".

"and I will be here every step of the way helping you through your grief". She says kissing your lips.

(A couple weeks later)

You were back in LA you spent two weeks with your granda he gave you the rings and necklaces your gran wore.

You also got a tattoo in memory of her

Ari has been more than helpful through your grieving process and your thankful for her because she's helped you not feel as broken

A/n:I wanted to do something like this for awhile I lost my gran nearly a year ago and she was an absolute angel in disguise. I also didn't know how to end it lol