Meeting the family

Y/n pov

Ari wants me to meet her family today and I'm shitting myself because what happens if they hate me.. Ari loves her family more than anything so I don't want to do something to make them not like me.

"Baby I can literally hear you overthinking everything's going to be fine it's just a meal"

"Yeah, a meal with your mum, gran and brother what can go wrong!"

"Hey stop worrying they are going to love you just as much as I do" she was pressing a kiss to my lips.

"You uh love me?" I asked scratching the back of my neck. Wow, smooth y/n.

"have just made shit awkward between us?" she asks nervously playing with the rings on her fingers.

"No not at all because if luck would have it miss grande I love you too".I meet her gaze and give her a reassuring smile.

"Thank God I thought you weren't ready for that yet".

"Yes Jesus thank you, my friend"

"Shut up" she hits me on the arm.

"Ay that was mean but seriously we should get going or we will be late and we don't want my first impression of your family to be a bad one".

"I suppose you're right"

(at the restaurant)

We enter the restaurant after being swarmed by paps like those motherfuckers need a life they don't give celebrities any privacy man.

We are guided over to a table where her family sat at and have a seat.

"Guys this is my girlfriend y/n," ari says

"Hello" I wave awkwardly making them laugh

"Sweatheart you don't need to be nervous we don't bite," Joan says.

"I do" nonna adds with a wink

I laugh

"Nonna!"ari and Frankie whisper shout.

"Mom!"

"Good to know Marjorie," I say giving her a cheeky smile.

Ari elbows me in the side making me groan

"Stop flirting with my Nonna!"

"Y/n please call me nonna no need for formalities   Since your family".

I nod

"So y/n you're an artist right"

"If you look at it like that yeah I just enjoy making music so I can finally look after my grandad back home," I say.

Before he could ask me more questions the waitress comes over.

"Hi, I'm Lucie ill be your server today, what would you guys like to drink?".

"Three waters for us please," ari says pointing to her Joan and nonna.

"I'll have a sprite," Frankie says

"And for your cutie," she says winking at me

"Not interested I've got a pretty amazing girlfriend but ill take a coke". I say not looking at her because I can feel Ari's stare.

Her face flushes red "ill get them for y'all right now" she says and hurries off.

"What a thirsty bitch" nonna says

"Agreed" ari says placing my hand in hers

"So y/n you mentioned your grandpa before Lucie interrupted you guys close?"Frankie asks.

"Yeah my grandparents are my favourite people in the world my grandmother passed last year so it's just me and gramps but he told me to go chase my dream so here I am I still talk to him every day," I say with a weak smile.

"I'm sorry to hear that if you don't mind me asking do you have a relationship with your parents?".

I breathe out a breath

"Uh my parents erm they were killed by some drunk driver when I was about 8 it was a hit and run so the guy is still out there so I've been living with my grandparents for basically my whole life"

"Uh, can you excuse me for just a moment just need to use the restroom," I say leaving the table and rushing to the bathroom.

I didn't want them to see me cry it's just a hard subject for me to talk about.

Ari rushes in after me and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm sorry baby I didn't know he was going to ask that," she says pressing kisses to my cheek.

"No, it's alright he didn't know I just got a little overwhelmed I'm good now," I say flashing her a small smile.

"Promise?"

"Promise" I place a kiss on her lips and we go back to the grande's.

"Y/n I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you".

"No, it's alright you didn't know I just rarely talk about that sort to ruin the dinner"

"You didn't sweetie" Joan reassures me

You have a lovely accent y/n where are you from?" Nonna asks.

"Scotland born and bred," I say with a smile

"I heard it's nice there," Joan says

"Some parts the part I grew up in not so much you're probably thinking of the highlands it's beautiful up there but Glasgow not so much".

"No when I was in Glasgow I thought it was nice," ari says

I laugh

"Baby some parts can be nice but most not so much you have a lot of 13,14-year-olds drinking doing drugs you name it they are what we like to call neds.

Lucie comes back over with our drinks and takes our food order telling us it should be with us shortly.

throughout the rest of the dinner we all talk about anything and everything once we had finished our meals I paid for it least I could do but I did have Ariana complain.

We headed out but Joan pulled me aside

"Y/n I've not seen my daughter this happy in a long time I hope you stick around we love you already," she says hugging me.

I smile "don't worry I won't be going anywhere unless she's had enough of me I promise to treat her right". I say giving her one last hug and saying goodbye.

Frankie runs over and pulls me into a bone crushing hug

"Welcome to the family sister in law" he winks

I laugh "thanks brother in law"

I say good night to him then head over to ari and nonna.

I smile at them and nonna pulls me into a hug damn this family likes hugs.

"You treat my grandbaby well don't take any of her shit either," she says making me chuckle

"Don't worry nonna I love your granddaughter very much and only have the purest intentions" I say with a smile.

Once we say goodbye to them we get in my car and I drive ari home.

"See!, I told you they'd love you"

"Yeah what can I say I have charm," I say rubbing imaginary dust off my shoulders.

A/n another chap running out of ideas ngl hope y'all having a good night/day 😌