125. empty promised

A D O M A N I A

cxxv||empty promise

cxxv||empty promise

Promises are made to be broken.

Tom Riddle has made many empty promises in his lifetime, to various different people. And he's never regretted it. Not one time; when he's lied or just simply not fulfilled his end of a bargain. However the one case will always haunt his dreams at night and keeps him from being able to have the luxury of sleep; of rest.

He remembers the nights when he lied to her vividly. The things he'd said, the things he'd done. If he chose to write his feelings down, he could publish dozens of novels just about his pure guilt.

Avalyn Feathers was pure, she was an innocent.

But Riddle took advantage of that. Not once did he think about the burning remorse that would come with taking her life. That's not even the thing he regrets the most, the thing he despises himself for, is making her short lived life a confusing hell to live. The last two years of her life had been a hurricane of confusion and sadness; having been let down over and over by the Slytherin boy, over and over.

The things he had said to her, about them growing old and living a life together, the things he had whispered in her ear as they lay together in bed — it was all an illusion; it was all lies.

SLYTHERIN DORMITORY, 1943

"I don't believe that somebody is incapable of feeling love." Avalyn had whispered, tracing shapes on his knuckles as they sat opposite one and other on the emerald sheets, in the midst of completing some potions homework.

Riddle had simply shot her a slight glare, "anything is possible in our world, Ava."

"So it is possible for you to love somebody." Avalyn's lips had twitched slightly making Riddle scoff and he closed his book loudly, standing up and strolling over to his dresser drawers. "I'm just saying, don't you think it's a bit weird. It's a natural human emotion."

"It's not that simple." Tom said to her, slamming his drawer that had made her jump slightly, turning to face him. "Avalyn. There's a lot you don't understand about me, about our world. And one of them is that if you're conceived as a result of love potion, you cannot feel it."

"Then why am I still here?"

"Because you care for me—love me." Tom stated blandly, leaning back against the drawers with a hard glare on his face. "Yet I don't feel anything for you, Feathers. You're simply a beautiful girl who I enjoy having sex with."