Chapter 1: Fate System

I do not own RWBY, Rooster Teeth does.
Images used are also not mine.

Inside a big house, a family has just finished dinner and are preparing to call it a night. This is the Arc family, consisting of ten family members. The patriarch and matriarch of the family along with their 8 children, a son and seven daughters.

As Saphron the eldest daughter, is helping the rest of her sisters prepare for the bed, the 3 year old son of the Arc family is lying comfortably on his bed listening to his mother's bedtime story.

"...And so, the brave huntsman defeated the grimm and saved the maiden." His mother finished, softly patting little Jaune on the head. He laughed a little before holding her hand. She smiled softly at him before leaning down and kissing him on the forehead.

"Goodnight my little huntsman." She said before standing up and walking towards the door. "Goo'night Mom!" Jaune giggled before replying.

As his mom left the room, Jaune drifted to sleep dreaming about becoming a huntsman.

-Timeskip- 7 years later

Jaune was in the backyard along with his father, pestering him about training.

"But Da-" Jaune was cutoff before he could finish.

His father glared at him before sighing.."Jaune for the last time, I won't train you to be a huntsman. You're just not cut out for it. You have no aptitude for fighting. Look Jaune, you're my son and I don't want to you to get hurt or worse! There are countless jobs and professions out there." Jonathan, Jaune's father, softly explained to him whil crouching at Jaune's level.

Jaune had tears in his eyes but refused to let them flow. He looked at his father and nodded and without saying anything, turned around and left.

Jonathan looked at his son's departing form and sighed before standing up and left as well.

-

Jaune silently went to his room, he encountered some of his sisters. They looked at him with concern but he didn't have the mood to deal with them so he just gave them a soft smile before continuing to his room.

As Jaune entered his room he kept thinking about his father's words. He grit his teeth and clenched his fists before calming down.

'I know that I have no talent for fighting.. no matter how many times I swing a sword.. I just can't get stronger. But that's why I kept reading about tactics, I know that I can't fight on the frontlines but maybe I can still help from the backlines.. directing huntsmen, leading them.. but why, why won't he give me a chance? Am I that pathetic?' Jaune kept thinking before taking a nap.

As Jaune woke up, he was startled and thought he was still dreaming. In front of him is a blue dialog box, a system. He read about system's making an ordinary person stand at the peak, giving them life changing equipment, abilities that could rupture the earth and part the seas, and so much more.

He rubbed his eyes, pinched his arm and even slapped his face.. but it was still there. Soon Jaune's startled expression morphed to one of excitement. It was real, this could be his ticket to walk his path. Soon he calmed down and looked at a dialog box. And soon, a feminine voice started talking in his head.

[Good Day Jaune Arc! I am the Fate System. It is fate that has brought you and I together. Your fate has incredible potential. Someone like you only appears once every one million years. Seeing that, a Divinity has decided to gift you a system to help you create your own path. So, will you Jaune Arc, take fate into your own hands?
Y/N]

Jaune took a moment, shocked that a divine being is watching over him. Calmly he breathed in and out before making his decision.

[Congratulations Master Jaune, you are now the one and only user of the Fate system. Will Master Jaune give Fate system a name?]