Chapter 13: JNPR & RWBY

-Moments before Ruby falls-

Weiss and Ruby are hanging on to something very feathery and very fast, as evidenced by the loud winds and the two being blown sideways.

"Ruby! I told you this was a terrible idea!" Weiss shouted out as she held on tight to the nevermore.

"We're fine! Don't worry too much!" Ruby also said with a raised voice, as the rushing wind made it hard to hear.

Weiss was frustrated by Ruby's answer and began to shout again. "I am so far beyond worrying!"

Ruby who was finally getting fed up of Weiss's constant shouting decided say the first thing that came to her mind. "Why don't we just jump then?"

"Has the wind turbulence finally made you insane?!" Weiss shrieked.

When she heard no response from Ruby, she looked over and found that Ruby was already gone, having jumped off the feathery grimm and leaving her behind.

Weiss deadpans before shouting several curses, thankfully the loud wind made it hard for her words to be heard.

-

Jaune seeing that Ruby was already free falling sped up while grabbing Pyrrha in a bridal carry, earning a surprised yelp and leaving the Death Stalker to chase after them.

After a few seconds, Jaune reached Yang and Blake's position, shocking them both by his sudden appearance and by the image of a very red Pyrrha.

Jaune helped Pyrrha to the ground before flashing Yang and Blake a dashing smile.

"Pyrrha, I'll go get Ruby, you stay here with Yang and Blake." Commanded Jaune, he then looked at the two surprised girls, "Both of you, there's a Death Stalker approaching. You girls be careful now, I'll join you after I get Ruby."

With that said and seeing Yang and Blake nod, he crouched down low before jumping upwards and manifesting his golden aura wings.

The three girls were mesmerized as soon as they saw Jaune's golden wings. They were brought out of revery when they sense the Death Stalker approaching near.

-

"Heads uuuuuup!" Ruby says as she descends from the sky. She didn't notice Jaune taking off from the ground and was caught off guard when he suddenly appeared in front of her with his golden wings in full view and started carrying her bridal style.

"Hey there Ruby, just dropping by? You would've made a pretty nice crater had you connected to the ground." Jaune asked with a smirk.

Ruby laughed slighty, before answering, "Hahaha, thanks for the save Jaune. Making a crater would've been the least of my worries, if you didn't catch me."

"No problem Crater face, you know I'll always catch you." Jaune said while having a smug smirk on his face.

"Hey!" Ruby said in indignation but was inwardly happy about what Jaune said.

"It seems that Weiss is still up there. It look's like she's safe for the moment, so I'll get her after a few moments. I'll bring you down to the ground first, you need to prepare yourself as the other's are about to face off against a Death Stalker." Jaune explained to her.

Ruby nodded with a determined expression and held Crescent Rose while still lying in Jaune's arms.

Nearing the ground, Ruby suddenly jumped off and used Crescent Rose's scythe form to swing on the tree branches and land near Yang, Blake and Pyrrha.

"Did you just fall from the sky?" Blake asked after a few moments of silence.

"Yeah Sis-" Yang asked when she regained her voice but was cut off when several crashing noises where heard in the forest ahead of them. All four, readied their weapons, thinking that the Death Stalker had already caught up to them.