Chapter 3: Aura 101 for Dummies

Slash!

"Graaa..." let out a dying Beowolf.

Gawain attracted several grimm nearby to help in Jaune's training. This is already the eigth grimm that Jaune killed on his own.

[8/10 kills]

Jaune took a deep breath before dashing to a nearby Beowolf as Gawain attracted 17 grimm and hadn't helped Jaune in killing them.

Swish!

With a swift strike, Jaune cut off both the Beowolf's front paws and quickly performed an upward slash that quickly cut open the beowolves head. It staggered before dissipating into black smoke. Jaune looked at the remaining Beowolves. There were still 8 left. Although Gawain's holding them off, he's not killing or wounding them either. Well, Jaune couldn't ask for a better outcome as he needs all these kills. All he needs is a single more before he could acquire a Fate card.

With that thought in mind, he quickly went to a group of three beowolves and letting them surround him. He purposely let them close so that he could kill them all in one strike. Once they got close enough, he swung Caliburn in a circular motion, killing them all at once. He smirked as he saw them dissipate into black smoke.

[Congratulations in completing a kill count Jaune! You have been rewarded with a Fate card:

1. Equipment
2. Resource
3. Mount
4. Ability
5. Summon

Please pick one!]

Jaune contemplated if you should pick one, but opted to finish all of the grimm first.

Just as Jaune was about to attack the rest of the beowolves, he positioned Caliburn near his back just as a claw came near him.

The claw hit Caliburn with a resounding clang!

With a quick move of his arm, he quickly struck and stabbed the beowulf in the neck before decapitating it. Before the headless grimm could turn to smoke, Jaune quickly dashed to two more grimm. He arrived in front of them when he performed a cross shaped slash with Caliburn, bisecting the two grimm.

Gawain seeing that there are no more grimm left for Jaune, left the one he was fighting and backed up a reasonable distance. The beowulf didn't get a chance to know what was going on before being killed when Caliburn came tearing through it's chest. Gawain was impressed when Jaune threw Caliburn javelin style and hit the grimm, killing it. He knew that Jaune threw his sword because of the distance, and because he knew that Jaune wouldn't do such a risky move without guarantee of it working.

Jaune was happy that it worked, he quickly retrieved Caliburn to store it in his dimension. As the body of the last beowulf dissipated to black smoke, Jaune felt his body becoming stronger. He looked over the [Grimm Slaying Star] and was surprised when he saw his constitution change from E rank to E+ rank. He swiftly calmed himself before thanking Gawain for his help.

Gawain smiled and nodded before leaving to check the surrounding area.

Jaune seeing Gawain leave, took a seat by the cover of a tree and looked over Ananke's screen.

[Congratulations on completing a kill count! You have been rewarded with a Fate card:

1. Equipment
2. Resource
3. Mount
4. Ability
5. Summon

Please pick one!]

Jaune thought of the cards that he can pick and imagined what they would give him. He settled with the Equipment card as he needed something that can help him with his newly unlocked aura.

As he chose, the Equipment card began to glow before slowly becoming a book. When Jaune picked it up, he was flabbergasted by how lucky he was. It was a book about aura manipulation!