Chapter 10: King of Conquest

Jaune was scanning the forest as he quickly descended. Soon after, he heard the other students being launched.

Once on the ground, Jaune began to do a perimeter check to see if there are any grimm near him. Once he saw some, he began killing them while waiting for the other students.

[8/100 kills to completion]

[40 unused Fate cards]

[Would you like to use one?]

Jaune didn't decide to use his Fate cards as he knew that Ozpin has camera's installed inside the forest. He knew that Ozpin was already curious of him. He didn't want to add to it anymore than he had to.

Using his aura field, Jaune was able to see Ruby just in time as she crashes into a bird and began plummeting downward. Although Ruby was able to use Crescent Rose's rifle form to slow down her descent and then used it's scythe form to latch onto tree branches to fall downward at a slower pace. He was honestly impressed by what Ruby did. Jaune saw that Ruby was quite a distance from him and didn't bother to go near her and decided to just stay at his spot and wait for someone to come.

Jaune then saw Weiss, summon a white snowflake circle under her and leaps off it to the forest below. Jaune was surprised as this was the first time he saw Weiss use her semblance, he also had a feeling that just creating snowflakes wasn't it's limits. He grew excited to see what it can do when Weiss reached her full potential.

Jaune continued to use his aura field to see the other students. He saw the interesting duo from before. Jaune was greatly interested by this two, he could tell that they have great potential and wants to form a team with them. He saw the boy with a pink strip on his hair descend while the girl descends at a faster speed. The boy spins in midair before using some sort of blade to spiral around the trunk of a large tree and hit the ground. That maneuver greatly astonished Jaune and wanted to try it out but alas he was already on the ground. So with a pout he decided to wait at his spot while seeing who becomes his partner.

Jaune then watches Yang, soaring over the treetops, using her gauntlets and its fiery force to propel her through the air further and further, which Jaune guessed as the direction, north. She was spinning and laughing with each blast, even when she crashes through several leaves of a tree and uses it's trunks to tumble to the ground. Jaune laughed a bit before sensing someone descending near his direction.

Jaune focused his senses near the aura signature he sensed and saw that it was Pyrrha. Pyrrha, her weapon in sword form and armed with a shield, crashes through several trees and rolls on a branch. Seeing that she was already near his location, Jaune decided to go to her. He was ecstatic to have a partner that was considered strong, licking his lips, he could only imagine all the spars and fights that they could participate in. Jaune calmed down after a few seconds, knowing that his title [King of Conquest] was affecting his personality. This title brings out his inner desire to conquer, to dominate.

-2 Years Ago-

Jaune was strolling around a mountain, having been here once. He was returning because he remembered that he once saved a small village from a grimm attack. The people inside the village were very kind and gave him some food rations even though they were already struggling with their own food and water. Jaune was surprised by their kindness and decided to help them. He waited until every one was asleep and used 2 of his Fate cards. He used both on resources and was rewarded with a well and several seeds of crops. Just like the rest of the rewards that Jaune received from the Fate System both the well and the crops were magical in nature. The well was able to produce an infinite amount of the purest water, while the crops were designed to grow several times faster than the normal crops and the quality of its products are extremely wonderful.