Chapter 14: First Day

It's early in the morning, just after the initiation and Jaune Arc has just woken up, before being greeted by Ananke with a [Good Morning!]

"Good morning to you too, Ananke. What time is it Ananke?" Jaune asked, while rubbing his eyes awake and letting out a yawn.

[It's 5:00 am Jaune. It's time for you to execute your morning exercise.] Ananke said to him in a cheerful voice.

'5 am, huh.. after I finish my morning workout, maybe I can cook something up for the others. Although I liked that the cafeteria had dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets, I can't eat them forever. And I want to cook for my team, as it would help us bond over time. I might use some of my Fate cards to procure something. I just hope their food related. Well, after that I could wake up the others and plan the day, seeing as our class starts at 9 am, we'll have extra time to talk.' Jaune thought quietly while fixing his bed.

[0/1000 push ups
0/1000 sit ups
0/1000 squats
0/1000 hand stands]

After finishing those workouts, Jaune put on some running shoes and started his morning run all around Beacon. He continued to run around Beacon, finishing several trips before finally deciding to stop when he saw several students beginning their exercises.

When he got inside their dorm, he saw that his teammates were still fast asleep. Pyrrha's sleeping face was adorned with a small smile while resting peacefully on her bed. Ren was sleeping like a log, he's position was so stiff that even Jaune flinched when he saw. Finally he looked over to his final teammate and smiled slightly as he saw Nora's sleeping position, with her arms and legs splayed all over the bed while her blanket is on the floor. Jaune walked quitely to her before picking up the blanket and carefully tucking her in. He didn't wake them up as it was only 6:30 am, still a long way before their classes begin.

Soon, Jaune walked inside the shower to clean himself. After several moments, he walked out of the shower fully refreshed. As he was putting away he's used clothes, Jaune began to think about his earlier thoughts about food and decided to use some Fate cards.

'Ananke, I'd like to use a Fate card please.' Jaune said quietly.

[All right Jaune! You still have 43 unused Fate cards. What will you get?

1. Equipment
2. Resources
3. Mount
4. Ability
5. Summon

Please, choose!]

'Hmm.. I'd like something that can help me with my cooking skills. Although I had a ton of experience roasting meat, it's only the basics. Hmm.. Ananke, I'd like to trade a Fate card for an Ability card.' Jaune thought.

[As you wish Jaune!]

After a few seconds, Jaune felt something integrate into his soul. After fully integrating with said skill, he began reading the skill he obtained.

[Congratulations Jaune! You have obtained the skill [Master Chef - Earth Classification]. You have acquired the lifetime experiences of several master chefs. With this you would have no problem whipping out a feast.] Ananke said inside his head.

Jaune smiled lightly as new cooking experience poured inside his head. With this he wouldn't have to worry about eating the cafeteria food.

"Hey Ananke, I'd like to use another Fate card to trade for a Resource card." Jaune said after a while. He wanted to get some ingredients or some food related resource from the Fate System to try out his newfound skills.

After a second an item began to materialize in Jaune's grip. He was surprised as he felt a sudden weight on his palm. He began to look it over and admired it's shape and form. It's a rather small item, just perfect for his grip. He waited for Ananke to tell him what it is and it's background.