Chapter 8: Meeting

The trio of friends that is Jaune, Ruby, and Weiss, walked in the auditorium together and saw that is was filled to the brim with people.

The three looked at each other before looking for a place to stay on. They were about to move when they saw someone waving over their direction. Jaune and Ruby saw that Yang was the one waving them over.

"Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!" Waved Yang.

Ruby looked over to Jaune and Weiss, "Oh, there's my sister. I-I gotta go! See you two after the ceremony!"

Weiss didn't say much as she knew that she would've done the same if her own sister was here. Jaune just nodded, knowing how important family is. Seeing their responses, Ruby waved before leaving.

Seeing Ruby leave, Weiss and Jaune looked at each other before proceeding with their original goal. As they were looking for a spot, Jaune could feel several pair of eyes land on him. With his aura field, Jaune was able to determine three pairs of eyes on him.

Two of those belonged to a white haired man he recognised as Headmaster Ozpin and the beautiful woman he saw on the bullhead's screen named Glynda Goodwitch. Jaune could feel that Beacon's headmaster is strong, although Jaune was confident that he wouldn't lose if they ever come to blows. After a few moments, Jaune recognised Glynda Goodwitch's aura signature as the one from after he defeated Roman Torchwick.

After recognising her, he turned to her direction and he looked directly at her eyes surprising Goodwitch. After several moments of staring at each other, Jaune gave her his warmest smile and winked, leaving her flustered as she hadn't expected such a thing and ended up breaking eye contact.

Ozpin was surprised as well when he saw the exchange between the two, smiling as he stopped looking at Jaune.

Then Jaune looked at the pair of emerald eyes that was staring at him. And just like Glynda's he offered her his best smile. She blushed before turning away. Jaune was able to catch a glimpse of her crimson hair when her cloak moved a little due to her sudden movement.

Jaune was interested in why she was wearing a cloak and he also noticed that she tended to avoid large crowds. Using these clues, Jaune deduced that she was either famous or a fugitive using a fake transcript. But Jaune was sure that Beacon's security can't be fooled that easily, he was confident that headmaster Ozpin has already seen through his transcripts. Jaune was sure that the only way he isn't getting called to his office is because Ozpin wanted to see Jaune's capabilities. Jaune already knows that both the headmaster and vice-headmistress recognized him because Glynda was the one who escorted Ruby away from the crime scene. And with Ruby's somewhat naive nature along with the fact that she's in the presence of huntsmen, Beacon's heads no doubt, Jaune was sure that she would've told them everything that happened in the shop. But Jaune doesn't care, as he knew that whatever plans and schemes they have, they were nothing in front of his overwhelming strength. Plus he didn't need to graduate in an academy to be a huntsman. He's already strong enough as it is.

Now back at the topic of the cloaked girl. With the information he deduced, Jaune was confident that the cloaked girl was not a fugitive but someone famous. And judging by the fact that she has to wear a cloak and avoid large crowds, he knew that she was probably known throughout several kingdoms.

Jaune called Weiss, who was still looking around to follow him.

"What is it Jaune? Have you found a place?" Weiss asked as she followed Jaune.

Jaune smiled before pointing to the cloaked girl's direction. Weiss was suprised at what Jaune was pointing at, the same with the cloaked girl. First she was surprised as he noticed her staring, it wouldn't have been a problem if she wasn't caught off guard by his smile though. Second, he's now approaching her and she didn't know what to do. He even brought someone, who she recognized as Weiss Schnee, surprising her even more.