Chapter 11: Partners

Jaune and Pyrrha were standing back to back, with Pyrrha breathing heavily with several scratches on her body. They were still surrounded by beowolves.

Although they already killed a large number of them, the beowolves just keep on coming.

Pyrrha was getting worried, the first group which consisted of 14 beowolves, was easily dealt with by both her and Jaune. With Jaune taking down 9 of the grimm, leaving her with 5 kills.

But before Pyrrha could catch her breath, she was shocked when she saw that they were surrounded yet again. This time with 29 grimm approaching. Although all of them are low level grimm, even she knew that against such a force, she wouldn't survive once she got overwhelmed with numbers.

She was freaking out right now, 'Shouldn't such a large force already been noticed by the professors?!' Pyrrha thought frantically while subconsciously pressing her back to Jaune's. Feeling Jaune's warm and strong back made her feel safe and helped her calm down. Regaining her calm, she mentality scolded herself for showing weakness in front of the grimm. She knew that grimm were attracted to negative emotions and she grew concerned when she thought about how she may have helped in forming such a large gathering.

She once again felt Jaune's warm back and with a deep breath sharpened her stance.

Jaune was scanning the area in which the group of grimm have surrounded. He purposely called all the grimm that he could from the surrounding area with his [King of Conquest]: 1, so that he could lessen the danger for several students as he saw with his aura field that Ruby and Weiss were having a little trouble. 2, so that he could see how good Pyrrha, his partner, is when faced with several oppenents. He gathered from Weiss that Pyrrha was a champion from tournament bouts, but that was all 1 vs 1 and as a fighter, Jaune wanted to see how capable she is as a huntress. And so far, he hasn't been disappointed. And 3, was so that he could fill up his kill count and he was already at;

[17/100 kills to completion]

With a smile, Jaune called out to Pyrrha. "Pyrrha, wanna see something cool?"

Pyrrha, once she heard Jaune call out, immediately focused on him. When she saw Jaune smile, for some reason she knew that everything would be all right. Once Jaune saw that he has Pyrrha attention, he prepared Caliburn and shouted out. "Sword of selection, grant me power! Cleave the wicked! Caliburn!"

Immediately Caliburn began to glow a majestic gold before unleashing all of the power that Jaune gathered to the area with the most grimm. The area was enveloped by a golden dome of pure destructive energy that resulted in a very powerful explosion, one powerful enough that everyone in Beacon was able to feel the tremors and see the golden dome of light.

-Ruby & Weiss-

"Whaaaaa..." Ruby shouted in panic once she saw the golden dome from a distance, her panic only grew when she felt the tremors from the air and ground that pushed her off her feet.

Weiss was feeling the same thing, only she was able to stab Myrtenaster in the ground and was able to stay on her feet. But it didn't alleviate the shock and fear she was feeling, so with shaking hands she wiped the cold sweat that formed on her head and motioned for Ruby to stand up.

"We should.. go look for the.. relics and get as far away from here as possible." Weiss said while still trembling.

Ruby felt the same, as she didn't know what was strong enough to make such an attack. Her eyes grew wide as she suddenly remembered the color of the light dome.

Before Weiss could take another step, the words Ruby spoke made her freeze.

"Isn't Jaune's aura color gold..?" Ruby asked slowly. "Do you think he's alright? Maybe he needs our help?!" She continued.