Chapter 15: Lesson

Weiss was standing in front of the caged beast while readying Myrtenaster in her hands. Her teammates along with JNPR were cheering her on from their seats.

"Gooooo, Weiss!" Cheered on Yang while raising her fist.

"Fight well!" Cheered Blake while raising a small flag with the words "RWBY".

"Yeah, you're representing team RWBY! Go, Weiss!" Shouted Ruby, while team JNPR just offered some smiles of encouragement.

Weiss lowered her weapon and looked over to the two teams while having a small scowl. "Ruby! I'm trying to focus!"

"Oh.. um.. sorry..", said Ruby sheepishly said. Jaune noticed this and reached over to pat her on the head. Ruby looked up when she felt a warm hand softly pat the top of her head. She smiled brightly when she saw that the hand belonged to Jaune.

"It's alright Ruby, I think Weiss is just having some first day jitters. She didn't mean to be rude." Jaune said to her softly. Ruby nodded and decided that she liked Jaune's headpats. She huffed slightly when she felt Jaune remove his hands atop her head.

Soon, the caged beast's form was shown to the whole class. It was still growling inside it's caged. Once it was shown, Jaune looked at it and recognised it as a Boarbatusk.

"So Weiss's about to fight a Boarbatusk." Jaune said while leaning over his desk, his large form casting a shadow over Ruby who was just beneath him.

"Have you encountered one, Jaune?" Pyrrha asked curiously while the other's all listened in, knowing that out of them all, Jaune is the most experienced when it comes to grimm.

"Yes actually, I've encountered several of them from my travels. As you can see, Boarbatusks look similar to a wild boar. It also has a series of plates along its back and on its thighs, and two extra sets of tusks, including two large curving tusks. However, as you can see, their underside is comparatively under-protected and vulnerable, with little to no body armor or shielding." Jaune explained to them.

"So we just flip them over and it's done?" Yang asked with a smirk.

Nora laughed while explaining to Ren how they should flip them over like pancakes.

Jaune smiled as he looked at them, continuing. "The Boarbatusk mostly tends to charge directly at its target, relying on its massive tusks to grapple with opponents. However, it also has displayed the ability to spin forward along its spine. So be careful whenever you engage with one in close range."

The other's nodded while Pyrrha and was taking notes.

"It's armor is also extremely though, able to withstand thrusting and slashing attacks. It's only apparent weakness is it's underside as it has little to no armor. As a result, a Boarbatusk is completely defenseless when on it's back and can be easily dispatched from this position." Jaune finished.

The other's mulled over the information Jaune provided just as Mr. Port released the captive Boarbatusk from it's cage.

"Alright! Let the match begin!" Port announced as the Boarbatusk slowly emerged from the cage, taking in its environment, and finally it's opponent.

After seeing Weiss, it immediately charges towards her. Weiss used Myrtenaster to deflect it's tusks, which it used to attack, and rolled to the side. The two of them stands a distance from each other, studying their opponents.

"Ha-Ha! Wasn't expecting that, were you?" Port said jovially, excited how one of his students would deal with this situation.

After a few tense moments, Weiss began speeding towards the grimm while the Boarbatusk charged at her. Once close enough, Weiss stabbed Myrtenaster all the through the Boarbatusk's skull but got trapped between it's tusks, preventing it from proceeding. Weiss, who was still hanging on to her rapier, got tossed around by the Boarbatusk, as it was trying to get the stuck weapon off of it.