𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

jasrya
now

"hi, bil," i murmured as i sat down next to her grave. i placed the cherry blossoms that i brought on top of it. "happy birthday. you're twenty four now. that's crazy; old ass," i teased softly.

if she were here, i'd give her twenty four kisses; i gave her twenty one when she turned twenty one, twenty two when she turned twenty two, and so on.

i pursed my lips as i thought for a moment. "wait... do you even age up there? you better, because if i come up there all old and wrinkly, while you're still in your twenty's, i'm gonna riot. it won't even be fair," i shook my head.

"remember your twenty first birthday? i took you riding around la for a bit, then we went up to that mountain to paint. you know, i still think you're rude for painting on my face," i kissed my teeth. "you gave me hella kisses after though, so i guess it was okay."

"remember we stayed up there for hours, just so that we could stargaze? and then when it was dark, we could still only barely see the stars," i let out a puff of air. "but i took you to crossroads to eat, to make up for it."

"then we went to finny and claudia's house; you drank just a little too much," i giggled. "you're such an emotional drunk; you cried because i'm 'so nice and caring,' for, like, thirty minutes! i thought i was never going to be able to calm you down."

i sat there and talked to bil, and i reminisced for who knows how long. it almost felt like she was still here; almost.

"i hope you have a good day today, baby," i sighed. "i love you. you deserve the entire world and more; still."

"i miss you a lot. people say it gets easier, but it really doesn't. it still hurts so much," i mumbled. "i'd do anything for you to still be here."

i heard something that sounded like a stick breaking. my brows furrowed, and i looked around. there was no one there.

i turned back around. my eyes widened a bit as i saw a single, white rose on the ground; i'm almost positive that there's no rose bushes around here.

billie knows that's my favorite flower.

i gently picked it up, and i felt my eyes tear up. "i miss you so much," i let out a shaky breath.

🫂

a/n ayooo

it's so weird publishing a chapter this short- but the "now" chapters aren't meant to be long

anyways

thoughts?

predictions?

how are y'all doing? are y'all doing good?

words:
450