𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

jasrya
then

i pursed my lips as i stared at my phone. i had texted billie earlier, but she had yet to respond. i sighed, and i tossed my phone onto my bed.

i got up, and i walked out of my room. i went to the kitchen, and i searched through my refrigerator. i eventually decided on some left over soup.

once i had heated it up, i walked to the living room. i sat on the couch, and i got comfortable. juno laid her head in my lap as i turned on the office.

i've watched this show so many times; me and billie have watched it fifteen times together.

i ate my soup as i watched it. once i finished with my soup, i put the bowl in the sink for now. i returned to the couch, and i cuddled up with juno.

🫂

about two hours later, i paused the office. my brows furrowed. i quickly realized that i heard my phone ringing from my room.

i got up to go get it. by the time i had gotten to my phone, i had almost missed the call. i clicked answer without even checking who it was.

"hello?"

"hi, baby," billie greeted. she spoke softly, almost tiredly. "are you hungry? i'm coming over, but i could stop at taco bell real quick if you want me to?"

"uh... just get me a doritos locos taco, please," i murmured.

"just one?" from the tone of her voice alone, i could tell that she was probably raising an eyebrow.

"yeah. i'm not that hungry," i told her. "i ate some soup earlier."

"ohhh," she dragged out. "okay. i'ma get that, and then i'll start heading over there."

"okay," i smiled. "thank you, my love. be safe, i love you."

"of course. i will. i love you too," she told me sweetly. she ended the call.

i let out a small breath as i put my phone into my pocket. i went to the bathroom so that i could fix up my hair and what not.

juno made her way into the bathroom as well. when i only glanced over at her, she started to howl for attention.

"needy baby," i playfully kissed my teeth as i bent down to give her attention. "just like your favorite person."

🫂

"hi, squish," i greeted with a grin as billie stepped into my apartment.

"hi, baby," she gave a smile. she walked over to me, and she walked into my arms.

i hugged her closely. she sunk into my embrace, and i heard her let out a small sigh. i kissed her forehead as i held her.

when we pulled back from the hug, i gave her a quick kiss. she smiled, and she then handed me the bag of taco bell. i peeked into it.

"you didn't get anything?" my brows furrowed some.

"i ate on the way here," she told me.

i nodded. i took my doritos locos taco out of the bag. while i ate it, billie walked off to do who knows what. judging by the bark i heard, it was to give juno attention.

when i finished eating, i threw the trash away. i then walked around until i found billie. she was in my room, and she was sitting on the edge of the bed. she was playing with juno, though there was, as the now often seems to be, a spaced out look on her face.

i walked over, and i sat beside her on the bed. i wrapped my arms around her, and i rested my chin on her shoulder.

"bil?" i caught her attention. she let out a small hum; she briefly glanced at me before she turned her attention back to juno. "are you okay?"

"yeah, i'm good," she gave a small nod.

"promise?" my brows scrunched together as i looked at her side profile.

"mhm," she hummed again. "are you okay, love?"

"billie. promise me you're okay."

she turned to look at me. her eyes scanned mine for a moment. she shuffled around a bit, and she let out a breath of air. "i promise i'm okay."

i sighed, and i leaned over to give her a kiss. "okay... good."

"are you okay though?" she raised a brow.

"i'm good," i gave a smile.

🫂

a/n short chapter 👩‍🦯👩‍🦯👩‍🦯

thoughts?

predictions?

how are y'all doing?

4 more chapters 😟

i'm not ready🧎‍♀️

words:
740