𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

jasrya
then

it's a couple of hours later. billie is still sleeping soundly. contrary to earlier, she looked so peaceful.

she was still cuddled up with me, though her tight grip on the back of my shirt had loosened even before she fell asleep. her face wasn't buried into my chest anymore. her lips were pouted as her head laid on her pillow.

i lifted one of my hands to cup her face. my thumb rubbed her cheekbone as my eyes scanned over her face.

her freckles, which were already faint, were barely noticeable. she hasn't been in the sun much recently.

her short, brown hair framed her face perfectly as she laid there. her bangs blended in with the rest of her hair, due to the fact that she hasn't had a haircut in who knows how long.

my eyes scanned over her face once more.

she's so pretty.

i leaned forward to press a kiss to her forehead. her eyebrow twitched ever so slightly after i did, but she continued to sleep peacefully.

not too long after she fell asleep, i had called finneas. i was going to go talk to him in the living room, but even in billie's sleep, she had tightened her hold on me to stop me from leaving her. so, i had stayed in the bed, and i talked to finneas quietly.

i had briefly recounted what had happened earlier to him. we talked about it for a bit. he then told me that he was going to see about getting her meds, so we said our goodbyes and hung up the phone.

i've just been laying in bed with billie since. due to the fact that i hadn't even been awake for an hour before we laid down, i haven't been able to nap with bil.

i'm surprised she's sleeping as much as she is. she couldn't have been up much longer than i was.

i'm definitely not going to stop her from sleeping though. it's clear just by looking in her eyes that she needs it.

i continued to lay in the bed with her while she slept. sharky and juno kept coming in and out of the room to lay with us, only to leave again not long after.

eventually, billie's face scrunched up as she slowly woke up. i watched as she pouted before she buried her face into my chest again.

"good morning, baby," i murmured. "how are you feeling?"

"sleepy," she mumbled. she tried to bury her face further into my chest as her hands gripped my shirt again. "very sleepy."

i laughed a bit, and i kissed the top of her head. "what about hungry? are you hungry, my love? i can order you some food."

she clearly hesitated for a moment. she nodded against my chest.

i moved away from her for a few seconds so that i could grab my phone. she whined as i did, and she moved closer to me.

"i'm staying right here, don't worry," i assured softly. i kissed the top of her head once i grabbed my phone and settled back down.

i opened postmates. "what about soup? does that sound okay?"

she nodded again. i placed an order, and i put my phone down.

billie laid in my arms for a few moments. she then moved her head from my chest to look at me.

"gimme some kisses."

"how many?" i bit back a smile.

"a lot," she pouted.

i leaned forward to give her some kisses. i didn't count how many, but it was definitely a lot, like she wanted.

"was that enough?" i asked a bit teasingly as i stopped.

"a few more?" she requested.

i gave her a few more. she smiled as i did, which in turn, made me smile as well. she then cuddled close to me again. she buried her face into the crook of my neck.

it was silent for a moment. my eyes widened as i felt her teeth sink into my neck. "nah, how are you gonna get mad at me for biting you, but then go and bite me?!"

she giggled loudly. i couldn't help but smile as she did.

that feels so good to hear. i've missed her giggle.

"you're a lil' brat," i chuckled as i poked her side.

🫂

billie stared at the bowl of soup as she sat at the kitchen counter. she was holding a spoon in her hand, though she's made no attempt to use it.

i took in her appearance. i had pulled her hair back into a bun for her, though there were strands framing her face that were left out, due to the fact that they weren't long enough.

she was wearing a pair of loosely fitting, black shorts, a maroon t-shirt, and my jacket, which was dark grey. she hadn't put any effort into her outfit, but she was comfortable, and that's all that matters.

she looks cute as hell too.

"it's okay," i assured as she looked over at me with slumped shoulders and a frown. "take your time, baby."

she pouted. i leaned over to kiss her pouty lips, and she gave a small smile.

she turned her attention back to the soup. she let out a sigh. she got a spoonful of it. she stared at the spoonful for a few moments. she ate the spoonful of the soup.

she slowly ate a bit more. once she ate about half of the soup, she dropped her spoon into the bowl, and she pushed the bowl away.

i leaned over, and i kissed the side of her head. "i'm proud of you," i murmured. "so so so proud."

she jutted her bottom lip out. it quivered, and she brought me into a hug.

our hug didn't last long. there was a knock on the door.

"i'll get it," i told her. i kissed her cheek, and i got up to go get it.

i opened the door. "oh, hey, fin," i greeted as i let him inside.

"hi," he gave me a quick hug.

we walked over to the kitchen, where billie was. she had gotten up from her seat to come over, but she stopped as she saw finneas.

they stared at each other for a moment. finny opened his arms, and billie ran over to crash into them. he held her as close as possible as she sunk into his embrace. she started to apologize for getting mad at him earlier, but he assured her that it was okay.

when they pulled apart from the hug, finneas sat a bag on the counter. "i was able to get your meds today. you have to take them though, okay?"

her shoulders slumped as he started to pull the prescription bottles out of the bag. she meekly nodded.

i watched as she briefly read over the names of them before dumping the appropriate amount into her hand. she glanced over at me.

"i'm pretty fucked up, huh?" she raised a brow, referring to all of the meds she had to take.

i shook my head, while finneas sent her a look. "it was a joke," she defended as she looked at him with wide eyes.

"what have i told you about self-deprecating jokes?" he sent her another look.

"jokes on you, 'cause i don't even know what that means," she huffed.

"oh my god," he muttered, while i laughed loudly.

🫂

a/n ayooo

thoughts?

predictions?

how are y'all doing? are y'all doing good?

words:
1260