𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

jasrya
then

"wait, no, move your index finger a key to the left," billie instructed.

i moved my index finger a key to the left. billie shook her head.

"no, the other left."

"the other left?! you mean the right?!" i looked at her incredulously.

"you know what i meant!" she huffed. "i couldn't think of the word!"

i stared at her blankly. i sighed as i shook my head. i moved my index finger to where she instructed me to move it. "here?"

"yeah, now— wait, no, move it right another key."

"you know, you are the worst piano teacher ever," i sighed again.

"teach yourself then!" she grumbled as she crossed her arms over her chest.

my jaw dropped. "if i could teach myself, then i wouldn't have asked you in the first place!"

she pouted as her brows scrunched together. i dropped my hands from the keyboard, and i wrapped my arms around her waist. i rested my chin on her shoulder.

"i didn't mean it; you're not the worst piano teacher," i apologized. "but maybe we should leave it here for the day?" i suggested.

"yeah, we should," she grumbled as she still pouted.

i leaned over, and i kissed her pouty lips until she smiled. when she smiled, i kissed her until her cheeks flushed brightly.

"i love you," i murmured as the tips of our noses touched.

"i love you," she smiled sweetly.

it's been a few weeks. billie is doing considerably better. she's taking her meds, and she's back to eating regularly. she still has days where she doesn't want to do anything except lay in bed, but it's all a work in progress.

she's smiling, laughing, and giggling a lot more too. i can't put into words how happy that makes me.

"let's go to the beach," i raised a brow. "not to swim, but just to walk around the shore, or something. it'll be fun."

"that's so cliché," she giggled.

"maybe, but i want to anyways, so let's go," i stood up, and i held my hand out for her's. "c'mon, you needa get in the sun either way, white lady."

her jaw dropped.

"what, would you have rather me call you casper?" i sent her a look.

"no. leave me and my white ass alone," she pouted as she stood up from the piano bench.

"i'm just saying... you're a little on the pale side," i kissed my teeth.

"this is bullying at this point," she slumped her shoulders.

🫂

"you know, this is actually pretty great," billie said as we walked hand-in-hand along the shore of the beach we were at.

"see? i told you," i boasted with a grin.

"shut up," she chuckled.

"nah."

she playfully rolled her eyes. i kissed her temple.

she stopped walking. she bent down to pick something up, though she still held my hand. when she stood back up, she showed me a seashell.

"look how pretty!" she gushed.

"woah," i said in awe as she placed it in my free hand. "that's really pretty, holy shit."

she grinned. we continued to walk down the shore, and we both picked up a few seashells. after we were done, i laughed as billie stuck them all into her hoodie pocket.

we then walked up the shore a bit, away from the water's reach. she made grabby hands for her guitar, which i was carrying in a case on my back; the case it was in allowed me to carry it as if it was a book bag. i took the case off, and i handed it to her.

we sat down in the sand. i sat beside her as she messed with the guitar a bit, tuning it and whatnot. i leaned my head on her shoulder as she played a familiar tune. i smiled as i listened intently to her singing.

"i know we started two hearts in one home. it's hard when we argue. we're both stubborn, i know, but oh, sweet creature, sweet creature. wherever i go, you bring me home. sweet creature, sweet creature. when i run out of road, you bring me home."

our song.

i used to never want "a song" with someone, in fear of something happening between us and the song getting ruined. but this? i'm perfectly okay with this, because i truly think me and billie were meant for each other.

when billie finished singing, she turned to look at me. i had moved my head from laying on her shoulder, to resting my chin on it so that i could look at her. she smiled as her eyes scanned over my face.

"what?" she asked as she laughed a bit, referring to the way i was looking at her.

"you're so pretty," i cooed. "my pretty girl. pretty, pretty baby."

her cheeks flushed. she lifted her hands to cover her face, but i was quick to stop her. "nuh-uh, lemme see your beautiful face! gorgeous, lil' angel face!"

she pouted as i held her hands away from her face. i quickly pecked her lips a few times. "i love you," she murmured.

"i love you more," i grinned.

"that's not possible," she shook her head.

"um... yes it is," i argued. she immediately tried to argue back that it wasn't.

🫂

it's now a while later. me and billie stayed at the beach for hours, just walking, talking, and playing around. once we got back to her apartment, we took a long shower.

i thought we were never gonna be able to get all of the sand out of our hair!

i blamed billie for tackling us into the sand. she then reasoned that she only tackled us into the sand because i wouldn't let her win the "i love you more" argument.

we're now laying in her bed. we're both laying on our sides, facing each other. shark and juno are laying with us.

my hand was placed on the side of her face, and i was cupping it. my thumb ran along her features, as my eyes scanned over her face as well.

even just from the time we've spent in the sun today, her freckles have gotten darker. i smiled at the sight.

my thumb continued to run along her features. i reached her lips. my thumb slowly moved across her bottom lip. i stopped for a moment, and she puckered her lips to kiss my thumb.

"i love you," i met her eyes. "i really hope you know that. i love you a lot."

"i know," she assured with a sweet smile as she moved close to me so that she could snuggle up with me. before she tucked her head under my chin, she stole a quick kiss. "i love you a lot too."

🫂

a/n babiesss <3

thoughts?

predictions?

is there anything you wanna seeee? :)

words:
1150