𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

jasrya
then

i slowly stirred awake. i rolled over and expected to cuddle into billie. i frowned as i quickly realized that she was no longer in the bed.

i reached my hands up to rub at my eyes as i sat up. i yawned as i then stretched.

i was quiet for a moment. i raised a brow as i heard billie playing her keyboard. i got up, but i went to do my morning routine before i went to go see her.

after i finished my morning routine, i walked to the living room. i spotted billie sitting in front of her keyboard. she was playing an unfamiliar tune, and she was softly singing.

"please, try to be patient, and know that i'm still learning. i'm sorry that you have to see the strength inside me burning."

i sat beside her on the bench. she stopped playing, and she turned to face me. i wrapped my arms around her left arm as i faced her as well.

"are you okay?" i quizzed softly.

"i'm fine," she told me. "just thinking."

"about?"

"things. it's fine," she tried to assure me. before i could question her anymore, she asked "what about you? are you okay? how are you feeling, baby?"

i hesitated for a moment. i shrugged. she frowned, and she leaned forward to kiss my forehead. i leaned my head on her shoulder after she did.

it's been a few months. me and billie have been dating for four, almost five months now. things between us has been pretty great.

but things within the past few months haven't been as good. bruno, he...

it's been almost a month, and it still sucks. i mean, he was by my side for over a decade. the fact that he's not anymore hurts a lot.

i've barely been in my apartment since then. it feels weird without him there. bil has let me stay over at her apartment with her for most of the time. i've went and stayed with west a bit too.

billie reached a hand up to cup the back of my head so that she could hold me closer to her. i melted into her embrace for a few moments. she kissed my temple.

"are you sure you're okay?" i queried after a couple of minutes. i had moved my head from her shoulder so that i could look her in the eyes.

she gave a small smile as her hand moved from the back of my head to my cheek. her thumb rubbed against my cheekbone. "yeah, i'm fine, love."

"what were you thinking about?" i pried.

she let out a small sigh. "just shit from the past. shit that happened to me in the past," she was quiet for a moment. she shrugged. "it's nothing, really. i'm fine."

i frowned. "we can talk about it if you want to."

"it's just, like... people in my past have treated me like shit, and i— it's fine."

"it doesn't seem fine," my brows furrowed briefly.

"it is fine, because i have you now, and you treat me so good," she assured with a sweet smile. "it's fine, jas."

"are you sure?" i asked to make sure.

she nodded. she placed a sweet kiss to my lips before she stood up and held her hand out for mine. i placed my hand in her's, and she lead us over to the couch. she grabbed her guitar on the way over there.

we both sat down. she leaned back against the armrest, and she laid her legs across my lap. she positioned the guitar so that she was holding it correctly. she messed around with it for a few moments before she started playing a familiar tune.