𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

jasrya
then

my hands tightened around my steering wheel as i sat in my parked car. i let out a deep breath. i moved my hands from the steering wheel, and i unbuckled my seat belt.

i stepped out of my car. i locked it, and i walked up to the door of the house i was parked in front of. i knocked on the door a few times.

it was a few seconds until the door opened. "jasrya? what are you doing here?" finneas's brows scrunched together. "not that you can't be here, i just— hey, rya."

i laughed a bit as he brought me into his embrace. "hi, fin."

i swear, everybody in billie's family gives the best hugs.

"wait, jasrya is here?" i heard claudia ask.

i stepped inside, while finneas closed the door back. claudia walked over, and she grinned as she saw me. she ran over to embrace me into a hug as well, as she greeted me.

"billie's not with you?" her brows furrowed once she pulled away from the hug and looked around.

"that's kinda why i'm here..?" i nervously looked between the two. i watched as their brows furrowed.

we walked over to their living room after i left my shoes by the door. i was quickly greeted by peach, who was clearly happy to see me. i gave her some attention before i joined finneas and claudia on their couch.

"so, what's up?" finneas asked.

"billie has been— i-i'm worried about her. i don't... i dunno, i just figured that since you're her brother, you would know something..?" i said in a questioning tone.

he let out a puff of air. "how has she been acting recently? we haven't talked in a bit," he told me.

my brows furrowed.

she hasn't been talking to finneas? i figured out of all people, she'd definitely talk to him. you don't have to spend a lot of time with her to find out how much she adores him.

"just very... i don't even know the word. she doesn't ever feel like doing much anymore. she doesn't wanna play any music or listen to it, she doesn't wanna go out... she just sits around her apartment all day," i frowned.

"every time i ask her if she's okay, she says she's fine. i know she's not fine," my frown deepened. i hesitated for a second. "she's been... she only wears hoodies or long sleeved shirts recently. i don't know when i last saw her in a short sleeved shirt. i don't want to assume anything, but..."

i looked down at my lap, and i fidgeted with my rings. claudia rubbed my shoulder.

"so, it's that bad again, huh?" fin asked quietly. "i know that it always gets bad, then good, and bad again, and so on and so on, but she's been good for so long. i didn't... i just—" he let out a sigh.

i looked over at him with furrowed brows. he met my eyes, and he gave me a sympathetic look. "you didn't know? she has clinical depression."

i shook my head as my frown deepened even more. "no, i didn't. she doesn't really talk about that kinda stuff, or anything regarding her mental state and well-being."

"she never really has been the one to open up like that. like i said, the bad comes and goes. it really started around the time she was twelve? thirteen? she has high highs, but she also has low lows."

"so, i... is there anything i can do?" my brows scrunched together.

"not really. just be there for her, you know? make sure she takes her meds," he added.

"meds?" my brows furrowed again.

"she hasn't been taking her meds?" his brows furrowed too.

"not that i know of... i haven't seen her take any the whole time i've known her," i told him. "i don't think i've even seen any prescription bottles around her apartment, now that you mention it."

he glanced over at claudia, who had a frown played on her lips. he looked back to me. "well then..."

🫂

"hi, pretty," i greeted softly as billie opened her apartment door.

"hi, baby," she gave a small smile as she stepped into my arms.

i held her closely. i cupped the back of her head, and i kissed the side of it. "i love you. so so so much. you know that, right?"

"yeah, i do. i love you so so so much too," she pulled back, and her eyes scanned mine. "why?"

"just thought i should remind you," i gave another smile. i pressed my lips to her's a few times. i then held up a taco bell bag. "i got you some foodddd."

she pouted. "i'm not hungry. thank you though, seriously."

i followed her into her apartment after she let me in and closed the door. "really? when's the last time you ate, love?"

"earlier," she answered as she took the bag of taco bell from me to put it in the fridge.

"yeah? what did you eat?"

"i don't even remember," she laughed. she turned back to face me. she cupped my cheeks, and she kissed me. "have you ate?"

"yeah. i ate some quesadillas on the way here, and i had a sausage biscuit for breakfast," i answered.

she kissed me a few more times. "that's good. did you have a good day?"

"i guess so. did you?" i raised a brow.

she shrugged, and she started to pull me into her room. "it was okay."

"let's watch a movie or something," i suggested as i stopped walking to her room. i tugged her hand a bit, and she stumbled. "please?"

"let's cuddle," she pouted.

"we can cuddle in here, while we watch the movie," i told her.

"but i wanna cuddle in my bed. c'mon," she tried to tug on my hand to pull me towards her room.

she looked at me with pleading eyes. i sighed as i caved. "okay. can we watch a movie later though? pretty please?"

"maybe. i think i wanna nap first," she finally pulled me into her room.

"you're tired?" i raised a brow. she nodded. "when's the last time you slept?"

"a couple of hours ago, maybe..? i dunno. i'm hella tired though," she mumbled as she buried her head into my chest.

"okay, well, get some sleep then, baby," i murmured. i kissed the top of her head. "i love you."

"i love you too," she yawned before she fell asleep.

🫂

a/n ayooo

thoughts?

predictions?

words:
1100