𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

jasrya
then

"you know, i don't think i've ever even been to an aquarium," i said as me and billie walked into the building, hand-in-hand.

"really?" she made a face. "how have you not been to an aquarium?"

"because i haven't..?" my brows furrowed briefly.

she rolled her eyes with a shake of her head. she kissed my cheek, and she then laid her head on my shoulder.

it's been about a month since billie's birthday. it went pretty well, and she definitely had a good time.

the day after wasn't though; she had a terrible hangover.

i made sure to give her extra forehead kisses that day.

christmas was fun too. billie invited me to spend the day with her, her parents, finneas, and claudia. it was great.

let me just say that maggie's cinnamon rolls are amazing. they're quite possibly the best i've ever had.

we both walked around the aquarium for a bit. at some point, billie had moved her hand from mine so that she could hug my arm instead. i gladly let her, because it was honestly cute as hell.

"woah, look!" billie gasped as she quickly pulled me along with her. she practically pressed her face against the glass. "dolphins are so cute," she gushed.

i peered through the glass as well. i only looked at it for a moment before i turned to look at billie instead. she had an awed expression displayed on her face as she watched the dolphins swim.

"yeah, they are," i agreed with a small smile.

she turned to me, and she scrunched her nose up as she noticed that i had been staring at her. i leaned forward to press a quick kiss to her lips. she smiled, and i watched as her cheeks flushed brightly.

she blushes every time i kiss her; i love it so much.

we continued to walk around the aquarium to look at everything.

"penguins are cute too!" billie's eyes widened as she leaned forward to get a closer look at them.

"see... i used to think they were cute, until i saw a picture of their mouths. that shit is scary!" i told her seriously. "i haven't been able to look at them the same."

"huh? what do their mouths look like?" her brows scrunched together as she turned to look at me curiously.

i held up a finger as i pulled my phone out of my pocket. i searched it up on google, and i turned my phone to show it to her. her eyes widened once more.

"oh... yeah, that is scary. you know, maybe they aren't that cute," she chuckled a little as she started to pull me away from the penguins.

eventually, we reached the stingrays. we were able to pet them. billie did so without any hesitation.

"why aren't you petting them?" she asked as her brows furrowed.

"there's no way in hell i'm touching one," i shook my head as i crossed my arms over my chest. "no, thank you! i'll pass."

"it's not even bad! they just feel weird," she giggled. "just pet it once! just for a second!" she pleaded.

"nuh-uh!" i held my ground.

"lame," she kissed her teeth.

my eyes narrowed a bit at her. i glanced towards the stingrays. i let out a sigh.

i hesitantly reached out to pet one. my finger barely touched it for a second before i yanked it back. i shivered. "uh-uh, nope, never again!"

billie laughed loudly at my reaction. i huffed as i wiped my hand on my pants.

we eventually finished with looking at all the animals and everything. we walked into the cute gift shop that the aquarium had.

"aww, look at the shark stuffies. i want one," i pouted. "you think sharky would like it?" i laughed.

"i dunno, he'd probably try to swallow it," billie sighed as she shook her head. "you really want it though?"

"yeah," i dragged out a bit hesitantly.

billie flashed a smile as she grabbed one. my eyes widened when she started walking towards the counter to pay for it.

"wait, i can buy it," i told her. "you don't have to, really."

"i want to," she waved me off as she already handed her card to the guy behind the counter.

my shoulders slumped a bit, and i pouted as she handed it to me. "thank you," i told her.

"of course," she grinned.

we walked out of the gift shop after i had put the stuffy into the book bag i was wearing. we started to walk towards my car, but i stopped her. i pulled her close to me, and i cupped her face. i tilted it down a bit so that i could kiss her forehead.

i've noticed that whenever she stands near me like this, she stands with a slouched posture, so that she's significantly shorter than me. any other time, she stands with a nearly straight posture.

it's really fucking cute. i really love that she does that.

my eyes scanned over her face. "my pretty girl," i murmured.

her face flushed, and she peered up at me with big eyes. "your's?" she repeated.

"yeah. i-i mean, if you want to be, i just, like, thought that— maybe, if yo-you wanted to, like... i don't know—" i rambled nervously.

she giggled at my rambling. "calm down. what are you trying to say, baby?" she raised a brow, but by the smile on her face, i knew that she already knew what i was trying to say.

"just, like... i wanna— do you, like... wanna be my girlfriend?" i asked awkwardly.

i could die from embarrassment right now.

she giggled, and she bit her lip. "yeah, i'd love that."

"really?" i asked with a growing smile.

"yeah," she nodded with a matching smile. she leaned forward to press her lips to mine.

the kiss didn't last very long. we pulled away when we felt small droplets of water land on us.

i looked up at the sky with squinted eyes as the amount of rainfall started to increase. i sighed.

why did it have to start raining? that's—

my brows furrowed briefly as i saw that an excited look came to billie's face as she looked up at the sky too. she extended her arms out, and she scrunched her face up.

"i love the rain, oh my god," she gushed. "when i buy a house, i want to commission a rain machine to just be at my house, and just rain on my house, because i like rain," she told me as she let out an adorable laugh.

i tilted my head, and i smiled as i watched her. she looked back over to me. she flashed a grin. she cupped my face to bring me in for another kiss.

you know what? i'm actually really glad that it started raining.

🫂

a/n ayooo

thoughts?

predictions?

how are y'all doing?

words:
1170