Chapter Seven

SELINA

I was lying in bed with Bruce, his arms wrapped around my waist and his head buried into my neck while I stared up at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep all night. I kept thinking about the feelings I have for Robert. And I'm even starting to believe in Henry's theory. I mean... where did that dream come from if it wasn't a memory? And Robert was right... There were no wolves in Storybrooke.

All of a sudden my cell phone rang. It was Robert.

I grabbed my iphone 4 off the table, trying to not wake up Bruce. I answered the phone and placed it against my ear. "Hello?" I questioned. "It's like 4:30 in the morning. What is it? Gardening again?" I asked.

"No," he said. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Sheriff Graham is dead."

"What?" I questioned.

"We think he died of a heart attack," he explained.

"But he seemed healthy, before the wolf-incident," I said.

"Yeah but sometimes our bodies can surprise us," he said. "I just thought you would like to know, considering Bruce and Graham used to be roommates."

"Right," I sighed. "Thank you for telling me."

"Of course, Selina. And if you want to take today off too, you can."

"Thank you," I said. "But I think I'm going to go to work today. It will be good to keep my mind off things."

"Right. Well, I will see you at 7."

"See you," I replied. I then hung up and placed the phone back on the nightstand. "Bruce," I said, nudging him. "Bruce!" I yelled.

He finally jolted awake. "What? What's wrong?"

"I have some sad news," I said. "I just got a call. Sheriff Graham died last night. They believe it to be natural causes."

"You're not joking are you?" he asked. "Because if this is some prank, Selina..."

"It's not a prank. I promise you. I'm sorry. I know how much Graham meant to you," I said.

"Yeah, yeah, he was a good friend," he said. I then tried to get out of bed but he stopped me. "Where are you going?" he asked.

"To get ready for work, dumbass," I said.

"Oh, well." he said. "Can't you stay in bed a little longer?" he teased, his lips touching mine.

"No," I replied. "I'm sick of being in bed."

"We can do it on the floor..." he suggested. I shook my head. "Against the wall?"

"I said no, Bruce. I'm getting ready for work." I then left him alone in the bed, whining to himself. I just shook my head as I walked over to my closet to pick out an outfit for today. I picked out a white blouse with blue jeans along with a black blazer jacket and black flats. I quickly got changed, brushed my teeth and hair, and then I put on my deodorant. I then grabbed my purse off of the dresser and said, "I love you Bruce."

"I love you too," he mumbled. I rolled my eyes, walked out of the bedroom and out of my house, and drove to Mr. Gold's Pawn Shop. I walked in and I didn't see him, but then I realized he must be in the back of the shop.

As I made my way to the back of the shop, something stopped me. It was a crown, placed on top of a mannequin. The crown was made of all silver and it had a snowflake in the middle. It was beautiful. I don't know why I was so attracted to it, but I was, so I went over to it and as soon as I put it on top of my head, another memory came through me.