Chapter Twenty-Four

Rumple's POV|

I was outside of the Rabbit Hole yet again with Lacey. I have my foot on top of Dr. Whale's body. I decided to do something to him, the same thing someone did to me a long time ago. "Wait, wait, wait," said Dr. Whale. I pressed on him harder. I could tell Lacey was snickering.

"No," I stated. "If you don't kiss it, you're going to taste it anyway."

"Come on, Gold. I didn't do anything."

"You stared at her," I said, mentioning Lacey. "And I know how you think. So... kiss... my... boot."

Then all of the sudden someone grabs a hold of me. It wasn't until then that I realize it was Bae. Shit.

"What the hell are you doing?" Bae asked.

"Stand aside," I spat. "This doesn't concern you."

"No, go!" said Bae, motioning to Dr. Whale. Dr. Whale left.

"Let go of me!" I said.

"I'm surprised you didn't turn him into a snail," he said.

"A snail?" questioned Lacey. "What are you talking about?"

"Lacey," I turned to face her. "Why don't you go and wait for me in the shop? I'll be along shortly." I then toss her my keys.

"You're unreal, you know that?" Bae said. I looked at him. I immediately regretted everything. "You spend years looking for me. I come to town. You haven't even bothered to meet Tamara."

"Why should I concern myself with her?" I asked.

"We're getting married!" Bae yelled.

"That's never gonna last," I say. "Not as long as you carry the torch for Emma."

"You know, you haven't changed one bit," he said. My heart started to pump faster. This is not how I wanted things to go. This is definitely not how I wanted things to go. "For a second," he continued. "I thought you might have. I started to think, maybe you were worth my time. I guess I was wrong."

"And yet," I said. "You're still here."

"For Henry," he answered. "Not you. As far as I'm concerned, you can stay the hell away from both of us."

I sighed and Bae walked away.
It has seemed I had lost my son yet again. I had lost Liana and I had lost Bae.

                                 +++

I was now in my shop with Lacey. We were both drinking whiskey together. She was sitting on the counter and I was standing behind her.

But then I hear the doors jingle. Mary Margaret and David come in. I sighed.

"Sorry to interrupt the party," said David.

"Well I certainly don't remember inviting you two," I said. "We're closed."

"Not to us," said Mary Margaret. "We need your help. Regina's missing and we think she might be in danger."

"Just the way I like her," I replied. "Now if you'll excuse me—"

"No, I don't think so. Whatever your feelings about Regina are, you still owe me a favor," said David.

I then turned to Lacey. "Lacey, if you could excuse us, I have some business to attend to."

Lacey nodded. "Make it quick," she said, jumping off the counter and going into the back room.

I am looking through my many cabinets to find something like an elixir to help find Regina. "I'm sure I can whip up something to find Regina, but tell me, why do the Charming's want to help the Evil Queen?"