Chapter Twenty

Liana's POV|

Hey there, folks. Bill Goodwin here. Be sure to tune in to "Good Morning StoryBrooke" every day at 7:00 am. And now back to "Expose."

I was watching tv in the hospital when two girls I had never seen before walked on in. One of them had long dark brown hair, and wore a red shirt, black leather pants, combat boots, and a cute hat. The other girl next to her was a bit shorter, had light brown hair and wore a cute black skirt with a blue shirt. "Hey," said the first girl.

Previously on Expose.

"You don't remember us, do you?" The taller girl questioned.

"Um... sorry... no... I... I... don't."

The girl places her basket filled with different yummy treats down, turns off the tv and sits down next to me. The other girl sits down next to her. "I'm Ruby," she said.

"And I'm Belle," the other girl added.

"You used to come into my Granny's diner a lot before. Anyway, I... thought you could use some comforts from home." The girl called Ruby grabbed a book from the basket she brought. The book was called "The Mysterious Island". "You were always telling me and Belle about Jules Verne, so I brought you my favorite "The Mysterious Island."

I took the book from her. "Thank you, I appreciate it," I smiled. "Well... were we three really friends?"

"Yeah, we were," said Belle.

"Then you guys got to tell me the truth," I said. "Before I was brought here, I was hurt. I was bleeding, and then this man came. And he... he healed me. Then I saw him hold a ball of fire in his hands. How is that possible?"

"The nurse said that the tranquilizers can give you wicked nightmares," said the girl named Ruby.

"Most definitely," said Belle.

"No," I said, shaking my head. "I know what I saw. And I don't need any more tranquilizers or—"

"Liana," said Ruby.

My heart rate quickened. "Don't call me that. Why does everyone keep calling me that? I don't—"

Then I felt even more jumpy as one of the nurses came to grab me. "I'm fine, I don't..."

"Take it easy. Take it easy," said the nurse. But I didn't feel easy.

"Has she been like this the whole time?" asked Belle.

As my eyes started to close from the tranquilizers the nurse made me take, I could barely hear what the nurse was saying. She said, "more or less. We've had to keep her heavily sedated. Okay, let's get you back to bed. Now here we go."

                                +++

I was now back in my bed, reading the book the girl named Ruby had given me. It was actually pretty good so far. But then a man came by and into my room. He had a hospital gown on too, so he was definitely a patient here. I decide to put my book down on the nightstand next to me. "Hey," he said. "It's okay."

"Who, uh... who are you?" I asked, feeling defensive.

"My name's Greg, okay? I-I'm a patient here, just like you. I-I'm really sorry to bother you, but... I'm the one that was driving the car in-in the accident."

"Oh," I said. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah, they um... they patched me up pretty good." The man named Greg sits at the front of my bed. I shift, a little bit uncomfortable. What should I do? Should I call for a nurse? No... I don't want to cause any trouble. "Look, I—I overheard you talking about how you saw a guy with a ball of fire."

I chuckled. "And you probably think I'm crazy too, right?" I questioned. "Well," I sighed. "I did see it. I did see it actually—"

"Hey, I know that you're not crazy, cause I saw it too," he said. My jaw dropped. So I wasn't crazy? I mean... deep down I knew I wasn't. But this gave me evidence. I was definitely not crazy. And I was going to figure out what in the world this all means.

             A/N:

Hey all! I'm so sorry for the super-late update! I didn't have s Disney Plus for the longest time (I still don't) but that wasn't until I realized I could use transcripts of the show to write the fan fiction. Anyway, sorry for the shortness of it, and I hope you enjoyed :) I plan on updating even more regularly now!