Chapter Eleven

SELINA

"Bruce, sweetheart, I'm home," I said, walking into our apartment. I saw Robert sitting on the couch. "Wow, you're not in your office for once, what a surprise," I said, coming over to sit by him.

    He was reading the newspaper. He looked up at me. "Hi baby," he said, giving me a kiss on the cheek. "What are you doing home early?"

    "Well," I sighed. "I quit."

    "Wait..." Bruce widened his eyes. "You quit working for Robert?" I nodded. "Why? You never mentioned that you were even thinking about quitting-"

    "I think it just got too much for me, you know? I just need a change... but I just don't know what I'm gonna do now?"

    "You could always ask Granny for a job as a waitress," she said. "Would be nice for Ruby to have a break every now and then."

    "Oh yeah," I smiled. "Granny did say she would hire me."

    "Well then, what are you waiting for?" asked Bruce.

    "You're the best," I say. He smiled at me before going back to reading his newspaper.

    I walked back out of the apartment and headed down to Granny's.

    "Hey Granny," I said, walking into the diner. Granny was behind the counter making a coffee.

    "Hello Selina, what can I do for you today?" she asked.

    "I know this is kinda sudden but... I was wondering if you had any job openings?" I asked.

    "Job openings? To work here?" she asked. I nodded. "Why? Things didn't work out with Mr. Gold?" she asked.

    "Yeah... I quit," I said. "And I kinda need the money."

    "Why of course, we could use all the help around here," said Granny. "Go get an apron from the back, and you can start by taking out the trash."

    "Sure," I smiled. "And where's Ruby? She's not working today?"

    "No, she has her day off today," said Granny. "So I'm thankful for the extra help."

    I nodded and then went to grab an apron in the back. I put it around my waist and then went around the kitchen getting the garbage bags. There were only two full ones so I tied them up and started to bring them out to the back when I dropped them at the sight of a person laying on their back. They looked all dirty, and they almost didn't look like a person at all... I then walked over to the person, hoping that they weren't dead, and I screamed when I realized that it's Kathryn...

    I then start running and screaming at the same time, not knowing what to do.

    "Selina? What's going on?" asked Emma, as I saw her and the new guy.

    I started to stutter. "She's in the alley."

    "Who, Selina? What happened?" asked Emma.

    I then lean against the wall and start panting. "Hey, are you alright?" asked the new guy.

    I shook my head no but then I followed August and Emma, to see that Emma had figured out that it was Kathryn, that she was indeed alive.

                                     +++

    After finding Kathryn, I was invited to Mary Margaret's coming home party. "Hey, Selina," said Mary Margaret, as I opened the door. I smiled. "I'm glad you could make it. Bruce couldn't come?"