Chapter Twenty-Nine

Liana's POV

Rumple and I were at another campsite, and he was closing his eyes, concentrating. I don't really know what he was doing, so I just left him alone.

And before I knew it, Pan came. "You can't see the future here," he said. "It's impossible to see the future in a place where time stands still."

"I may not see the future here," said Rumple. "But I can make it happen."

"Was that a threat?" Pan scoffed. I rolled my eyes. "And here... I made you your favorite breakfast. Eggs in a basket. I thought you and your little girlfriend could use it. You looked a little down in the dumps."

"I'm fine," he said. Even though I know that wasn't true. "We're both, fine."

"Sure you are Rumple," said Pan. "You lost your son, Neal. Again. And Henry's unattainable because... Well, you'd have to go through me, and we both know you can't. You still like the yolk runny, don't you?" Pan asked, as he was still cooking over the fire. I looked between Rumple and Pan. Rumple has now opened his eyes so he was staring right at his father.

"What do you want?" Rumple asked.

"Well, if you two won't eat, then I will," said Pan, taking a bite of the food. "I'm just trying to point out the silver lining in your cloudy life."

"That by killing you, all our troubles end?" asked Rumple.

"All three of us know that's not going to happen, because the only way for you to do that is for you to die, too. You two can go, leave this island," he explained. I frowned.

"And abandon my son?" Rumple questioned. "And Henry? I don't think so."

"Look, even if you did save them... which you won't... what would be the point? They'll never forgive you for all the horrible things you've done."

"You don't know that," I snapped.

Pan chuckled as he looked at me. "Oh the protective girlfriend."

Rumple glared at Pan in annoyance.

Pan then looked at Rumple again. "Have you forgiven your father?" he asked. Rumple stayed silent. "You see my point? Back to that silver lining... you and Liana have each other. Liana you seem like a nice girl, so Rumple, stop this foolishness and make a new start with her. Liana, you look fertile enough. Maybe a new child? You and I both know that's the only future for you. Assuming that you want to live... Enjoy the eggs...."

Pan then got up and left. I looked over at Rumple who looked like he was going to burst into tears all over again. I moved closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled his nose on the top of my hair.

"Liana..." he said, holding me tighter.

"Yes?" I questioned.

"I don't know what to do," he said. "I mean... I know what I have to do... but I don't want to die... Liana...."

"I know Sweetheart, I know," I said.

"I want to have the life I never got. I want to have my son and Henry back in my life again. And I want you to be with me by my side every second of the day. When I'm gone, you'll be all alone-"

"Rumple," I interjected. "You know that I don't want you to die either. But I think I've finally... accepted it. If you want your son and the Charming's to forgive you, you're going to have to sacrifice yourself to save him."

"I-I know..." he said. He pulled me closer to his chest. "I just don't want to let this go. You are the love of my life Liana," he said. "You make everything better."