Chapter Forty-Nine

ENCHANTED FOREST. PAST. ONE YEAR AGO.

Liana's POV

We were back at Rumple's castle. I shivered, something didn't feel right. What was once home, didn't feel like home.

Regina approached the double doors made out of dark stained wood. "Your majesty, I wouldn't," said Robin Hood.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I watched Robin Hood quickly nock an arrow aiming at the door. I then watched as a trap opened up.

Regina gasped. "That arrow almost took off my head."

"Well, that door almost took off your arm. Where I come from, a simple thank you would suffice."

"Where you come from, people bathe in the river and use pine cones for money," Regina replied. I rolled my eyes.

"Come on," said Snow. "Let's go."

We finally enter the castle that was once my home for a long time. It didn't feel like home once I saw Rumple in a cage. He was spinning straw into gold. He looked awful. My heart ached for him. I wish I could just break open the cage and let him crawl into my arms.

"Rumplestiltskin," Snow stated sternly.

Rumple giggled. "Rumple, Bumple isn't here. Rumple, Bumple gone, my dear."

"He really is back from the dead," said Regina, her eyes widening.

"Dead. Dead. So much better. Dead," he said. My heart skipped a beat. I frowned. This wasn't the Rumple I knew.

"He's lost his mind," said Charming.

"You think?" I questioned. "Look at him."

"On the contrary. Now I have two. Two minds. Mining time. Digging deeper in the grime."

"What is she doing to him?" I asked out-loud. My poor Rumple.

"Nothing that can't be undone," Snow replied. "Rumplestiltskin, we need your help. How do we stop Zelena?"

"Round and round, the circle of time, racing towards the finish line."

"This is pointless," said Regina.

"Let me try," I suddenly said, approaching the cage. "Hey. Hey Rumple, sweetheart," I said, reaching with one of my hands through the bars, touching him gently. He flinched but then he faced me. His eyes seemed warmer when they met mine. "Hey. Hey, I know you're in there, love. I know that you can hear me. Nod your head once if you can hear me." He nodded his head. "Good. Good. So, can you tell me how to stop Zelena?"

Rumple whispered something that sounded like "light" but I wasn't sure that was it. "What?" I asked.

"Light magic," he replied, a little bit louder. "The Good Witch of The South. Glinda."

"Glinda, but south of what? Oz?" I questioned.

"No. Banished. Here. The Good Witch of The South was banished north. North of the Dark Forest."

"How do we find her?" Snow asked. "Rumplestiltskin. In the Dark Forest, how do we find her?"

"Through the door step inside, if pure of heart, then she won't hide," Rumple giggled and I just frowned at him.

"I'm gonna find a way to break you free. To separate the two of you. I promise," I stated.

"Come on Liana, let's go," said Belle, pulling me away from Rumple. "Before this witch finds out we are here."

I sighed and looked back at Rumple one last time who was still spinning at his wheel.