Chapter Fifteen

It has been a few days since the incident with my adoptive father, and I think Rumple has given me enough space. I miss him, and I think he misses me too. So, I've decided to make a plan to go to Granny's with him, just the two of us.

It is about noon time when I walk into Granny's and I see Rumple sitting alone in the booth. I sit across from him. He smiles at me. "I'm so glad you reached out to me," he said. "I've missed you," he continued.

I smiled back at him. "I've missed you too," I said.

"So, Liana, how have you been? You've been doing alright I hope? After everything with-"

"I'm alright... and I will be alright," I said. "Thanks to you. How about you? You got any further with breaking the curse?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No."

I frowned. "I'm sorry," I said. I then grabbed a hold of his hands that were resting on the table. "Maybe I can help somehow?"

"If you'd like? I thought you said you weren't trying to use magic?"

"Yes, but if it means helping you find Baelfire, then yes," I said. "I will use it." He smiled again and then he squeezed my hand.

Ruby then came over to take our orders, and then we were left alone again, this time gazing into each other's eyes. Before we knew it, Granny came over with our food. "They smell delicious, Granny," I said, smiling up at her.

"They are delicious," she smiled down at me. She then looked over at Rumple who dared not look her in the eye. "Didn't take any dark magic, either."

Granny then placed her hands on the table and stared Rumple down. "Oh, and I charge extra for the pickles," said Granny.

"Mmmhmmm," mumbled Rumple.

I cleared my throat and Granny walked away. "As you know," started Rumple. "I have a complicated relationship with her. As I do with most people."

I then said, "Well, it did take me a little time to get to know you. They will. They should," I said.

"You know," said Rumple, taking a hold of the ketchup bottle. "You should try it with ketchup. Condiments of this world's most powerful magic."

I then glared at the door, as it gingled. Regina entered. Great.

"Gold," she stated, walking over to us. I sighed. Can't we ever be left alone? "We need to talk."

"Do we?" Rumple asked, clearly not wanting to deal with her either.

"Folks," said Granny. "I think I may need to close early, everybody out."

"No, it's okay," said Regina. "We're civil."

"Yeah, for now," Rumple added.

"I-I should probably just-" I started.

"No," he said. "No, darling. Please stay where you are. Whatever she has to say won't be a secret from you. Whatever she wants, she won't get."

"I'm actually coming about the one thing that might unite us," said Regina.

"And what on earth can that be?" asked Rumple.

She leans in closer to him. "Cora." I furrowed my eyebrows. "She's coming from our land. I need your help to stop her."

"But she was dead," said Rumple. "You told me you saw the body."

"Well, apparently you taught her well," Regina whispered. Taught? Was this Cora, one of Rumple's past students? "She's not. And she's on her way. And I don't think I need to remind you how most unpleasant that would be for both of us."