Chapter Ten

"An excellent idea," said Robert as he and I walked in the Sheriff's station to which Mary Margaret was in the cell and Emma was talking to her.

"Mr. Gold, Selina," said Emma. "What are you doing here?"

"Offering our legal services," he said.

"You're a lawyer?" asked Emma.

"Ever wonder why I was so adept at contracts? Selina and I have been following the details of your case, Ms. Blanchard. And I think you'd be well advised to bring us on as your counsel."

"And why is that?" asked Mary Margaret.

"Because the Sheriff had me arrested for nearly beating a man to death, and I managed to persuade the judge to drop the charges," he explained.

"And I did a little persuading too," I added. "As a Paralegal that is by offering to pay bail."

"Exerting you guy's influence isn't what is needed here," said Emma. "We need to find the truth."

"Exerting our influence may be exactly what is needed here," Robert replied.

"What's needed here is for me to do my job," said Emma.

"Well, no one's stopping you Emma," I added. "We're only here to help."

"Enough," said Mary Margaret. "Please go."

"You heard her," said Emma.

"No, I was talking to you," said Mary Margaret.

Emma turned to face her. "Oh, Emma, they're right. I need help. And you need to do your job or I'm screwed. So, just, please, do your job the best you can. And you'll prove me innocent. Until you do, I need some practical help,"

"Trust us," I said, Robert and I walking closer to Mary Margaret's cell. "This is in Miss Blanchard's best interests."

Emma looked at Mary Margaret. "Good luck Mary Margaret. I hope your best interests are what they are looking for," Emma said, as she looked at us on the way out.

As Emma left, Mary Margeret said, "I can't pay you guys."

"Oh, we didn't ask for money," said Robert.

"Then why are you guys doing this?"

"Let's just say, we are invested in your future."

+++

     LIANA

Rumplestiltskin and I were in the potions lab. He was spinning his wheel while I was writing in a diary. A dwarf came by, I think his name is Grumpy?

"That potion that you gave Snow, it changed her. She's not the same."

"Well, of course it changed her! It took away her love! Left a big hole in her heart. There is no cure for what she's got. The person she was, there's no way to bring her back. No potion can bring back true love," said Rumple, opening a cabinet. "Love is the most powerful magic of all," he said, glancing at me. I smiled weakly at him. He then looked back at the potions cabinet. "The only magic I haven;'t been able to bottle. If you can bottle love, you can do anything. Rumple then turned around to look at Grumpy and Snow White. "But you don't care about that, do ya? Now, what is it you really want?" he asked.

"I want your help. To kill the Queen," she said.

"Now we're talking dearie," replied Rumple.