Chapter Twenty-Eight

"What the hell was he talking about?" asked Neal.

I looked at Rumple who was trying to avoid this conversation. "Oh, don't mind him."

"He said you were gonna murder Henry!!"

"He plays games," spat Rumple. "Mind games. The important thing is we got the boy and and we got away."

"Where are we?" Neal asked.

"The other side of the island. We're safe here for the time being," said Rumple.

Neal walked over to Henry who was unconscious. He was under some kind of spell. "Hey, hey, Henry," said Neal, walking over to him. "It's me. It's your Dad."

"No, he... He can't hear you," said Rumple.

"Then wake him up," Neal ordered.

"Pulling him out of the spell would be dangerous," argued Rumple.

"Yes," I said. "I agree with that. I've been under the spell before. So um... he should wake up naturally in a few hours. Don't worry Neal, he'll be fine."

"All right," said Neal. "Then you two can explain to me what the hell Pan meant. This prophecy he's talking about, why would he say that you'd kill Henry?"

"Oh, I don't know," Rumple started. I glared at him. Lying only makes things worse. And I should know. "To create a wedge between us."

"That's not a denial," Neal sighed. "No, this has to do with what happened when I found you two. You," he looked at Rumple. "You thought I was a hallucination even though Liana saw me! You also said that you had to do the right thing and save Henry! What did that really mean?"

"Bealfire..." said Rumple.

I sighed.

"It's Neal!" Neal yelled. "Now stop dodging and tell me what's going on!"

"There was a seer, and she told me of a prophecy... that boy would help reunite me with you. And that boy... would be my undoing."

"Henry," stated Neal.

"I didn't know it was going to be my own grandson, till I found you in New York, and discovered you were his father."

"You were planning on getting rid of him, whoever he was, weren't you? To try and cheat fate? To get around the prophecy? You Cold-blooded son of a bitch. You were gonna kill him!"

"Yes," said Rumple.

"And you," said Neal, looking at me up and down. I froze in my place. "How could you go along with this? Were you two planning it together? Did you even know about it and are you just a pawn to his little game?"

"Neal," said Rumple, using his new name. "Stop. Say what you want about me, but don't go attacking her!"

"Yeah... yeah... you'll protect your little sex toy, but you won't protect your own grandson!"

I gritted my teeth. "Neal," I started. "I am no one's sex-toy. I am with your father through and through. And yes. I did know about the prophecy, but only found out about it recently. Listen to me Neal," I said. Neal then looked at me. "Your father has a darkness within him that he can't control."