Chapter Forty

Liana's POV

The spell had been broken, I could move freely once again. But the only movement I could make was the action of me collapsing onto the cold pavement of the road I was standing on. I let out a loud sob as I looked to where Rumple once stood.

"Rumple!" I cried, tears starting to fall down my cheeks. "No. No. I told you you weren't allowed to die!"

Belle knelt down, and placed her hand on my shoulder in attempts to comfort me. "He saved us," said Belle. "He saved you and Bae, his two loves."

Because of that I cried even harder. Belle rubbed my shoulder as Mary Margaret finally spoke. "Regina? Are you okay?"

I didn't even realize that Regina had picked up the scroll of the dark curse.

"I'm fine," Regina stood back up, her shoulder's tense.

"I'm sorry," Emma said out loud. However I knew she wasn't speaking to me. She was speaking to Neal.

How come Belle was the only one to comfort me when I was clearly in so much pain and grief? Did the others not care about me at all, and were only nice to me so they could get closer to Rumple, to use him for his magic?

I continued to sob. "My father did what he had to do," Neal replied. "He saved us. Regina, don't let him die for nothing." Regina said nothing in return. "Regina?" Neal spoke.

"What?" she questioned as if she didn't hear a thing Neal said.

I finally stood up with the help of Belle.

"We're here for a reason, love. Pan," said Hook.

"Is Dead," Regina completed his sentence.

"But his curse remains, Regina," I said. "Like Neal said, you can't let Rumple die for nothing. I will never forgive you if you do."

"So, can you stop it?" Hook continued. "Or should we all start preparing our souls cause' mine is gonna take some time."

In the distance I can see the green smoke coming. Leroy rings the bell on the tower so everyone can hear the warning.

Leroy then comes running towards us. "It's here!! The curse, it's here!! It's coming from all sides! There's no escape!"

"It's not too late. We can still stop it, right Regina?" David asked.

"Yes, yes," said Regina.

"W-what's the price? Mr. Gold said there is a price. What is our price?" Emma asked.

Regina turned around to face us finally. "It's not our price, it's mine."

"What are you talking about?" Emma asked.

"It's what I felt when I first held it...I have to say goodbye to the thing I love most."

Emma turned to look at Henry, who moved forward to stand beside her. "Henry?" she questioned.

"I can never see him again," Regina said. I frowned. This is not what I expected. "I have no choice. I have to undo what I started."

"The curse that brought us to StoryBrooke?" Mary Margaret asked.

"That created StoryBrooke," Regina replied. "It doesn't belong here and neither do any of us."