Chapter Twelve (s2)

Broken

Rumple and I headed back to the shop together. "Follow me into the back room, Liana. There's something else that must be done."

I furrowed my eyebrows and followed him. He then went to the wardrobe and unlocked it, taking out a strange octagon shaped box. "What is that?" I asked.

Rumple opened the box and inside there was a golden necklace with a symbol on it. It was something that I recognized but I didn't know where it was from. Rumple looked up at me. "It's something that is going to get rid of Regina."

"Regina? You want to kill her?" I crossed my arms.

"Yes," he replied. "She lied to me, told me that you died. She deserves payback." Rumple gritted his teeth. I frowned at him as he took the necklace out of the box.

"Rumple," I said. He looked up at me. "Please don't go through with this."

"Why not?" he asked.

"Revenge... it's a bad habit," I said.

"What? That doesn't sound like you, Liana," he said. "You never used to care what I did to people."

"Yes," I sighed. "Well, I believe I've changed after being cursed, getting to live someone else's life. And most importantly, I don't want Regina to die for Henry's sake."

"Liana, she..."

"I know what she did, Rumple, but it is best if you just leave this alone. If you do end up going through with this... I don't know if I can see you again."

"What?" he questioned. "No, Liana, I..."
I gave him one last look before heading out of the shop.

I clearly needed to talk to someone. Amber. I mean Alice. Oh my gosh. Alice! Cheshire Cat! I can't believe I was married to the Cheshire Cat! If I was right, I knew exactly where she'd be. Off by the troll bridge, and that is exactly where I needed to go.

                +++

"Alice?" I questioned, finally making it to the troll bridge. She was sitting against the rail, throwing stones into the water.

"Liana?" she questioned, standing up and running over to me. "I can't believe it! We're both alive!"

I chuckled. "Yes, we are," I said as she hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her.

"How'd you know where I was?" she asked, removing herself from me.
I shrugged. "Lucky guess?"

She smiled. "So how are things with you and Rumple, now that the curse is broken?" she asked.

    I sighed. "How did you know I wanted to talk about that?"

    "I'm your friend silly, I know you better than you know yourself!" she giggled. "So, what's actually going on? Actually wait, before we talk... let's sit down!"

    I sighed again as we both sat by the rail, facing the stream in the western direction. "He's going to try and kill Regina because she lied to him about me dying."

    "Oh..." she said, frowning. "I did not expect that."

    "Yeah," I said. "And now... since I've been cursed, I feel different about these sorts of things. When I was his apprentice back home in the Enchanted Forest, I often participated in some of his deals, which often resulted in me killing people." I bit my lip. "But now... now that I know Henry loves her because she's his mom, I really don't want him to go through with it. I've already tried talking to him about it... but I just don't know what is going to happen... you know? And especially when I told him that I'd never see him again if he went along with his plans..."