Chapter 155: Deals and Determination

Back in the mansion, Rou was huffing and puffing from exhaustion. His hand was glowing a pearl pink from the amount of ice he had created. He wanted to throw his staff away for good, but the urge to get revenge ran clear and strong within his veins. "Rou!", Vox commanded from a distance. "Kiara has requested that we assist her, she has a little favour for one of this syndicate's capos.", he added.

"You mean Lin's accomplice? Why would I in my right mind help someone who even walk the same path as...as someone so despicable!", exclaimed Rou. Vox took time to think, "You seemed fine encountering the man himself earlier. What changed your heart?", asked the fae. Rou held his forehead in frustration, "Why on Earth would I do that? I remember clenching my fists and attacking him. But solidarity?! It seems ludicrous after what he did!".

"You're right, but you're not in your right mind, and for the past two weeks you've been forgetting things left and right. You do your daily duties, but then that day becomes almost a blur. Rather peculiar if you ask me...", remarked Vox. "It's not anything suspicious, it's something I'm yet to figure out for myself...", muttered Rou. Vox took the blue haired man's hand, "If you accept this favour. I promise to research into your ability.", he negotiated.

Vox found no reason to be vague, if he found out the details of Rou's situation, he could use it to his advantage. To his surprise, Rou shook his hand back. "I accept your offer.", said the capo. "But I need to tell you something.", he added. "What is it?", asked Vox. "This will be the last time I interact with the anti-crime group. I can't let Lin's plan go further.", Rou replied. Vox raised up both hands, "If they allow it...", he uttered.

Without sensing anything suspicious, Rou allowed Vox to lead him to Kiara, who was situated in the deepest, darkest part of the mansion. The man was completely unaware what, or daresay who, was down in those treacherous and harsh quarters of the building he'd come to know as his home, but he was damned sure that if Lin were to show up, he would retaliate in his own stone cold way.

At the same time, in Tiliac. Aster began to get lethargic with tiredness. "Now's about time I go to sleep back in the syndicate, but I have to keep going...", he said to Julia. "You're a stubborn bastard, aren't you? You just keep trudging on with no sense of your own well-being...", she remarked. "It's like I'm a broken wardrobe, when one door closes, another one opens up, and then it all falls to shit.", replied Aster. "You'll be okay, we can help each other through it, maybe even lift my banishment.", responded Julia.

The girl continued, "I knew this place was a dictatorship from the moment I set foot into it, but I looked for the good in things and strived for it. I wanted to be a higher up before all this happened...". The pair found a lone tree, with Aster using his dagger to lift himself up onto a sturdy branch, Julia followed suit, swinging her lone arm against Aster's helpful stepping stone and making it to the top.

"If I'm recognised, I could never get back.", Aster whispered to himself. "Oh Fleur, I wish you here, so I could hold you in my arms as we awaited our chance.", he daydreamed, picturing the girl he missed so much huddled up to him lovingly. "I'll protect you, okay?", he said. "I'll fight for you, anything you need. You don't have to be afraid...", Julia stated in response. Aster turned bright red, "I-I'm incredibly sorry, you didn't hear that, did you?". Julia smiled and chuckled at her companion, "I know you miss someone from home, Im absolutely fine with it.", she commented.

But as Aster and Julia began to settle for the night, a gravelly voice from a distance echoed in Aster's ear. "Your words are in vain.". At first he thought it was just another part of his dream, but then he heard something else, "It would be most unwise for you to be here, my young friends.".

Aster and Julia woke up in a frenzy, "Shit, we forgot about how heavily guarded this dump is!", thought Aster, looking down in fear and the person below, quickly grabbing his dagger from halfway up the tree. Julia clenched her fists as if to threaten the sound, but nothing urged the clearly violent voice to dissipate. Below him was a ginger haired man with a hefty frame. "If you want to get any closer, you'll have to fight us first!", projected Julia, as Aster pointed the small blade at the man below. "Pathetic.", the man scoffed.

Raising his hand, the ground moved with him, shaking Aster and Julia out of the tree. "Woah! It's not polite to disturb people's sleep!", remarked Aster. The man didn't speak at all, shaking the ground once more, even after Aster and Julia had fallen from the tree.

The boy and girl landed with a crash, "You're lucky I'm used to this, but now you'll have to deal with the combined force of both of us!", announced the former intruder. "You can't just expect everyone to follow the strictest order and not slip up! What do we need to do to prove this?!", enthused Julia. "Find out for yourself. If you find my weakness, I'll give you my name, possibly more. Maybe even directions to base, but I'll have to fight you to the death", the man replied.