Chapter 157: Awaited Clarity

Demitris looked at the blue haired man with tears of relief. "Rou! I can't believe you came to save me!", he enthused. Rou understood immediately what was going on, "Demitris, did they take you here?", he asked in disgust. "Yes Rou, yes they did...", the auburn haired man replied, just wanting to to be freed. "Kiara, is this the favour you were asking of me, just to see him in pain?!", exclaimed Rou. Demitris was very surprised and somewhat disappointed that Rou was here to do a favour for Kiara, "Rou, whatever she wants, it's not worth it. They're clearly here to destroy this place!", he expressed.

"I'm sorry Demitris, but what choice do we have?", the blue haired man replied, hoping to enlighten Demitris and soothe his hatred. Demitris still looked up at Rou in confusion, "You had so much faith in the syndicate, why now do you focus on yourself?", he asked. "Because like this task, I have no choice...", answered Rou. "You are correct indeed young man", interrupted Kiara. "Don't you want to know what favour I'd like to ask?", she questioned.

"Yes, yes I do," Rou answered. "What would you be willing to do Kiara?", he asked the beautiful elf. Kiara thought long and hard for a moment before replying, "Rou, I'd like you to put this boy out of his misery.", she chuckled. "What?!", asked Rou, "This is murder! A betrayal", he protested. Demitris froze up, and the light around him grew brighter. He was a nervous wreck, the last thing he wanted to do was for Rou to perform a deed like this. why. Even so, he was at a loss of words to express his feelings.

"If you don't kill Demitris, I'm sure Lin will finish him off. You don't want him to die without dignity, do you?", taunted Kiara. "You-I...I...," stammered Rou, but Kiara was already opened her mouth. The annunciation of his brother's name was beginning to fill the room, but finally Rou gave in. "I'll do it!", he shouted in desperate haste. Demitris couldn't help but cry in resistance, shaking at his restraints like a madman in a freak show. "Rou, think of what you're taking away, think of what you really mean to me!".

Kiara handed Rou a knife, "Enact as much pain as you think he deserves...", Kiara remarked. "I don't need a knife, I can handle this myself...", Rou replied darkly. With his left hand, he created a sharp icicle, "You're really not going to do this, are you Rou?", quivered Demitris. "That's for me to know and you to find out...", Rou vaguely responded. His body language was unreadable, no one but him could tell if Demitris was going to die. He lifted the icicle and edged it toward Demitris's neck.

However, he didn't stab Demitris, instead he used his icy blade to slice the restraints of the auburn haired boy. "You freed me? Why?", questioned Demitris. "I couldn't let you die without dignity, your life is worth far more than a simple icicle to the neck. I value you too much to take your life away from you...", explained Rou. Demitris cried tears of joy, "Rou...you...value me?", he muttered. "Of course.", replied Rou.

"It was you that made me come to my senses, about my mind, about my actions, and now I'd like to return the favour.", he remarked. "How?", asked Kiara, frustrated that the blue haired man didn't do as he was told. "I'm sorry, but you and your little group see me as a gullible coward, and I won't stand for it!", declared Rou. He was about to lift Demitris when suddenly, Lin barged into the room.

"Rou? What are you doing in here? Why is the hostage freed?!", he yelled. "I freed him because I care about his well-being! All that bullshit you taught me back then is malicious fiction!" shouted Rou. "Rou, you're delusional!", replied Lin. "You're the delusional one, at first I thought the one with the frozen heart was me, when it's always been you!".

Rou sent enough freezing cold energy into Lin's chest to stun him as he made his escape. "Demitris, I'm going to make sure you're!", Rou announced as he lifted his soldier into a fireman's lift. "Kiara...why aren't you doing anything?!", uttered Lin, still clutching his chest. Kiara glanced at her partner, and then at Rou and Demitris. "I don't even think I should listen to you anymore, your actions have gone too far. The cheating, the destruction, and now attempting to kill a man who has never wronged you due to a useless vendetta?! It's all too much!", she declared.

"Go Rou, go Demitris! You have to live, you have no idea how precious both of your lives are. Run, before he gets up!", Kiara exclaimed. Rou nodded as he rushed out with Demitris in his arms. "To think that for being part of that team, she really cared...", Demitris reflected. "She said our lives are precious, how?", Rou questioned in self doubt. "Because like her, you care, Rou. Come on, let's find somewhere safe, the ice attack clearly took a lot of you...", responded Demitris. Rou kept running, his beliefs changed seemingly for good.