Chapter 188: Fight For The Past

The storm kept brewing over at the mansion. Four terrified faces looked in awe at their opponent as he soared through the air, their boss unresponsive. "That's not what I think it is, is it?", questioned Fleur, who remained clutching Aster's chest for safety from the winged creature Vox was becoming. The boy pulled her in closer, his own agitation surging through his body. "This is it, we were all played. Just insignificant pawns in his enormous game...", he murmured. He made another attempt to stand tall once more, and the looming thought that he started this, that there was nothing he could've done to stop him only fuelled the fire in his heart.

As time passed, their refuge became more and more like a target. Demitris's yellow eyes watered as he looked on at an attack coming his way, and then at his companions. At unmeasurable speeds, lightning struck the periphery of the mansion, barely missing the rebels. "We need to retreat!", called out Rou. "This is too far...", remarked Aster. Fleur looked him in the eye, "We'll protect each other, okay?", she reassured, but Aster's cynicism could not be subsided.

Determination rose within Fleur, her jade green eyes lighting up with internal encouragement as she got up to join the fight. "So, are you boys going to join me?", she asked the men in defence. Fleur's sword gleamed with cleanliness, adamant on being stained with blood as the elf pointed it at Vox with murderous intent. "So little Fleur's the first to die?", the horrific creature declared from above, but his words were far from faltering Fleur.

Upon hearing the utterly disrespectful taunts from Vox, Aster got to his feet, "That's it, he's dead to me!", he exclaimed with fury. His stance softened as he approached his vengeful superior, "I can't let him hurt you, Fleur...", he stated affectionately. "Aw! So cute! Too bad I have to cut this beautiful moment short...", Vox boomed. Yet another lightning bolt fell from the sky, and Fleur did everything in her power to stop it, using her sword in an attempt to shield both her and Aster, but the blade was bent and fried on impact.

Rou and Demitris helped each other up, and rushed as fast as their injuries allowed them to. "Oh God, are you two okay?", Rou quaked. "Yes, but my sword certainly isn't...", Fleur acknowledged. Aster gritted his teeth, "That bastard!", he yelled. Vox heard him, "It's so fun fighting you four fools, I can attack as infrequently as I want, but you still cower before me!", he shouted down to the quartet. Demitris had stayed quiet for a whole minute, but this has pushed him over the edge, "That's it!", he thundered, and he prepared for his attack.

A powerful wave of destruction tore down the path, striking the ground as it raced toward Vox, and the creature flew back as it hit him. Cracks formed on the fae's skin, leaking gushes of ink. "C-child's play...", he stammered. It took unimaginable force to heal the wound, as hope floated around the rebels' fate. Demitris, though disheartened, raised his fist, staring Vox in the eye, "Don't let your powers stop you from thinking...", he said, face like thunder.

Even as the impossible was being achieved, Edward merely watched, still and silent. Aster approached him, "Everyone is fighting for their lives! Fleur, Demitris, they pushed themselves to their limits! Why aren't you doing the same?!", he scowled. "They have more life than mine...", Edward spoke monotonously, as if it was the easiest thing in the world. "You should go to their aid!", Aster yelled. "No!", Edward answered with cold determination. The dark figure stood up, "I love him! Do you think I can change that?!".

Rou interrupted their conversation, his stance stiff, yet aggravated, "Silence! We all could be murdered at any moment by a man we haven't even got a scratch on!", he seethed. "And where's the loyalty in that?!", Edward spat. His voice cracked, "There is no loyalty! All of us here, we have killed people!", Aster shouted, red in the face. Rou's eyes squirted as his tense hands unleashed an almighty ice attack upon Vox, only for him to dodge it completely. "We keep fighting and that's final!", he exclaimed, refusing to move again until everyone co-operated.

"Such foolish criminals!", Vox sneered. "You know what's funny?!" he roared. "All of you are fools!", he continued. "Fools to think that you can win!", he bellowed. "All of you will die today!!", he announced. With that, he attacked the rebels again, sending shockwaves everywhere and knocking them onto the ground and only getting more pleasure with every strike, every wound on their body. As the wind died down, Edward trudged to the front of the battlefield. "That's enough!", he trembled. Eyes on everyone, he made his demand.