Chapter 172: Boss's Answers

Within the mansion, Fleur, Viper and Craaq had taken Rou and Demitris back to the sorcery department. "Don't worry you two, Viper has assured us that you'll be safe in here.", Fleur stated. Even with the new fortitude, both men emminated uneasiness, "We mustn't encounter Vox again, we can't. I hate to admit it, but his manipulation is never detectable until it's too late. I fell for it myself and I feel eternally stupid...", Rou explained.

Fleur took the blue haired man by the shoulder, "Rou, it's not your fault, all the blame lies on him for messing with your mind in your time of need. I should've keep a closer eye on you instead of simply brushing you off as a man on Vox's side...". She hugged Rou and gave him an understanding smile. "Nah, even if you did help, I wouldn't have listened, I can't control myself and still have no idea why.", explained Rou.

"Listen, the syndicate is in big trouble, the rebellion will fail. We'll have to take Vox down, quickly, before he finishes us off!", Viper yelled out. "Rou, you fucked up. Why do you want to join the uprising when half of us don't trust you?!" she continued to accuse. "You don't know what we're fighting for!", pleaded Demitris. "All we want is our freedom, and all you guys care about is survival, right?", he shouted.

The auburn haired man stood in the middle of the conflict with his arms out wide, "Don't you get it, the syndicate and all it stands for is falling apart, and arguing amongst ourselves will only lower our chances! Rou is as integral to this fight as anyone else!" he exclaimed. Viper looked at Demitris with pure contempt. "Oh? A small insignificant soldier like you knows of something as obvious as a syndicate falling apart!? You do know we're speaking of a group of people that murder for the stake of commerce?! Right!?".

Before any conflict could escalate, a bright light from behind the group began to grow, averting people's attention. In a flash, Shiva and Sulena appear. "My my, we've walked in on a bit of a dilemma, haven't we?", the teleporting soldier said with intrigue. "Shiva! Thank goodness you're here! They were gonna kill each other...", Craaq commented. "What were you guys even arguing about? We didn't expect to come out of a dilemma to this.", Sulena questioned. Fleur sighed at the stress of it all, "Rou's validity as a part of the uprising.", she answered.

"Rou, are you sure we can trust him? He was clearly on Vox's side during the capos meeting.", Shiva pointed out. "Wait, you were in the capos meeting?", Viper questioned. "What can I say? I see all.", replied Shiva. Rou spoke up, "I'm not going to hurt any of you, seeing what he did to Demitris was enough to convince me, yet part of my mind still pulls me toward callousness...". Demitris gave Rou a genuine smile, proceeding towards Rou with his arms open to him.

"Rou, we can all work through this. The only time that we'd be useless is if we don't fight. Trust me, this is hard, but our strength will pull us through, will get us to the syndicate without strife, without a need to battle traitors and outsiders. As Rou confided in Demitris's arms, positively bewitched in his kiss, another figure approached the sorcery department. "Quick! Check who that is!", Fleur expressed. Craaq saluted his superior and peered through a small hole in the door to find Edward curiously analysing his surroundings outside.

Upon safety, the anthro bunny opened the door. "What are you doing Edward? This isn't some party.", asked Viper in disbelief. "Looking for more victims", replied the boss jokingly with a crooked grin. Viper sighed at his humorous remark, "This isn't a joke, Sir. Something's going on in the syndicate and one of our major players is having an identity crisis!", explained the witchy capo. "I haven't seen any of you all day and this is what you ask of me?", he questioned. "Sir Edward, I think Rou needs you more than any of us.", Fleur prefaced. "I see. Actually, Rou is exactly who I'm looking for...", replied Edward. "I too have been hearing about the problems he's been causing."

"What's wrong with me? I've been searching for an answer, but the pain seeps in too deep...", reflected Rou. "Boss, any information would be useful to us now.", Demitris remarked in agreement with his partner. Edward took a deep breath in, "I'm concerned about your health Rou, you've been working through the night and being standoffish to anyone who questions you. Are you okay?", he questioned. The blue haired man turned away, clutching Demitris lock away any stress.

As Edward reached out to her wayward best friend, Fleur tried to hold in any information about Vox, remembering how Edward was so much like her father, whom she held dearly to her heart, she couldn't break his. "Edward, please... He's just not in a place to hear you right now.". Edward knew this, but he was determined to let Rou know of his findings in the library. "Rou, you've been taking the black tea, haven't you?". The whole room was both confused and shocked, what was this concoction, and what did it have to do with Rou?