Chapter 161: Flames Of Ambition

Concurrently, Fleur stared down at Patrice, whomshe stabbed. "You've got to be careful with your words, get too reckless and you risk provoking your opponent, guaranteeing your loss.", explained Fleur as she stepped away from her bleeding opponent. "The bleeding's not going to stop no matter what you do, you'll die by my hands, and that's final. Though sounding much like one of her more violent comrades, Fleur didn't care anymore, she killed to protect the haven of equality that was her home. 

"Big talk for someone so young…", another member of the group called out. Fleur quickly stared them down blankly

The other people looked in awe when suddenly, there was a knock at the door. "Your days are numbered, it seems like help has arrived.", said Fleur. Stepping through the entrance, Viper, Craaq, Shiva and Sulena readied their weapons and abilities, the five against twelve fight was about to begin. 

"Seems like you require our assistance.", remarked Craaq.  "I was doing fine alone…", muttered Fleur in response. "You don't have to face everything alone, there are people who care about you who would love to fight alongside you, Aster taught me that it's unhealthy to face every problem alone. It's not fear if it's needed.", continued Craaq. "I hate to admit it, but sometimes a team effort is the best way to go.", replied Fleur. 

"Mistakes happen to the best of us, Fleur, we'll take it from here!", declared Viper. "An impossible task for most, you should've called for us earlier.", remarked Sulena. "This is going to be fun!", enthused Shiva. "I appreciate it, all of you.", enthused Fleur. The group looked on at their opponents, all weapon users by the looks of it, though slight anxiety plagued them, they still had to fight fiercely to the best of their ability. Fleur stood up, " "We are all integral parts of this battle, and we will prevail!", she declared. 

"Alright, enough banter, let's fight!" exclaimed Sulena.  "If anyone can finish this, it's you!" announced Craaq. Fleur closed her eyes, gathering her thoughts. She raised her sword to her left hand, her own mental darkness spinning about her weapon. The group of opponents readied themselves, all ready to attack. Giving a deep and menacing stare, Fleur looked on at the twelve fugitives, "Ok guys, let's begin.", she declared.

Promptly, a woman with a longsword struck Craaq's slightly shorter sword. "Pitiful little squirt, are you sure you can fight a big lady like me?". The anthro bunny didn't hesitate to strike her back, "I have you know I'm a very competent swordsman!", he announced. Craaq managed to avoid the first strike, but received a hit on the other side of his body. 

"Just be glad I'm wearing armour, that could've killed me!", he exclaimed. 

Viper's opponents were just as tough, a male crossbow user whose skills were ten times that of what she'd seen from Craaq, and a woman who could easily deflect her chains with her huge claymore. The witch first tried to surround them, but the man managed to willfully shoot off her cape, leaving her vulnerable to his arrows if he hit her a second time. The woman slashed the end of one of Viper's chains, damaging the end of it. "We're playing like that, are we?", Viper sarcastically questioned. She had an idea. 

At the other side of the building, Shiva and Sulena were surrounded by seven of their opponents. "Why the heck are you crowding around here you cowards?!", enquired Shiva in an attempt to intimidate them all, but the entire crowd drew their weapons in defence. By surprise, one of the men screamed in agony, "What is this?! Poison?!", he yelped. "Best keep an eye on both of us next time.", remarked Sulena. Shiva looked back at her, "Nice moves spider lady!", he enthused. 

Finally, in the middle of it all was Fleur, the remaining pair were on either side of the building, far apart,  but clearly stalking her every move. "So, what is it the pair of you have to offer? I'm sure my sword will make light work of you…",commented Fleur. The pair remained still, clearly preparing for a sneak attack. Fleur gripped her sword ready for the hit, her eyes alternating between both opponents, it was two against one, but she was positive she could at least escape.