Chapter 169: Arriving To Crisis

(This chapter is universal between endings 2 and 3)

Meanwhile, Fleur found herself breaking into her own home, her sanctuary that had been wrongfully closed off to her. Behind her were Craaq and Viper, marching along the vast underground tunnels alongside her. "Nearly there!" the pink elf cried. "Just a little farther!". Fleur was all too aware that she had been cast aside as an insane revolutionary. She trembled in terror, convinced that the shame was only going to grow, but her determination far out weighed the fear.

The events of the meeting burned into her mind, the words of Aster telling her to come back for her. This wasn't over and she knew it. "You think this pursuit are worth my life's work?" Fleur pondered. "Do you realize how many soldiers would be at risk if we didn't do this?", Viper answered back, well aware of the stakes if they fail the potential confrontation. "With this pressure I hope Shiva and Sulena are going to be okay...", uttered Craaq. Fleur gave him an optimistic response, "I'm sure they are...".

Aware of their team's concern, Shiva and Sulena approach the mansion entrance. "This is it, Shiva, our destination.", Sulena reflected. Shiva looked at her with a grin, "No time to revel Sulena, let's murder some traitors!", he enthused. Sulena rolled her eyes and wrapped her hand around the base of the doorknob, then opened the door to reveal a surprisingly quiet foyer. "Very strange, usually at least half of the servants would be awake at this time...", Sulena assessed.

There was no one in the house, so the two prepared to investigate, when they heard footsteps echoing from the halls. "Ah, the unhinged rebels have returned, though it seems your numbers have dwindled...", said a menacing female voice, noticing them down a corridor. The woman was a jade elf with green plaited hair, whom the pair immediately recognised. "Hey, you're that elf bitch with the vines!", Shiva called out. "Kiara Porter...", added Sulena.

Sulena was just about to give chase when Kiara turned around and smiled. "There's something very important going on which can't be disturbed, and I'm afraid you're not able to enter... ", she remarked, as she disappeared through a door behind the two. Shiva sighed and turned away, "Shiva, it's alright, we can find another way in.", she reassured. "It's no use, I just don't do limits!", yelled Shiva. After a brief rage, the two toned man then smiled widely, "I have an idea...", he said, mischief on his mind. Sulena was intrigued.

Back in the tunnels Fleur, Viper and Craaq finally began to see light. "I can see the exit, quickly now!", enthused Fleur, energised despite the long journey. They made their way through the maze, which Viper complained of was much larger than it had looked on the map. "Why on Earth did the founders of this place think it was a good idea to install these labyrinths of tunnels?!", she moaned. "It's essential so less intruders find the mansion, it's why they're so long and complicated.", answered Craaq.

Before long, the trio made it to the exit, "You ready for anything?", questioned Fleur to the others. "Anything!", chirped Craaq. The three smile at each other before taking the ladder into the mansion.
Upstairs, they found themselves in the sorcery room, but Viper's squad was nowhere to be seen. "Where the hell are those slackers?!", questioned Viper at her subordinates' presumed incompetancy. "Viper, it's best not to assume things when the organisation's in this state.", reminded Craaq.

"I see, well I hope the anti crime group hasn't done anything with my potions!", remarked a rather angry Viper. They looked around for changes, most things looked the same, except for one corner. "What's this Viper?", asked Fleur. Viper was puzzled, "I haven't seen these potions before...", she answered. "It's clear that Vox has continued doing his own spells here...", Craaq commented, fearful of the outside.

"We should probably check the corridors...", the anthro bunny suggested.
They left the stuffy room, Viper checking her potions for the last time as they peered into the halls. Nothing, no sound, no hustle and bustle. They were convinced the mansion was a ghost town when suddenly they heard loud footsteps echoing down the hall, accompanied by heavy breathing that clearly meant danger. Eventually, the figure became clearer, it was Demitris, battered and bruised.

With haste, Fleur reached in the corridor and pulled the auburn haired man into their room. He shuddered with fear, "Why did you pull me in here?", he stated. "We should've never let you get captured...", replied Fleur. Craaq gave Demitris a shoulder, "It's all going to be okay...", he said. Demitris let out a dreary sigh, "It won't be okay, Rou is fight the battle of his life out there and I can't help him!", he trembled.

"It's all because of this fucked situation!", Viper belted, but was hushed by a fighting Craaq. "Demitris, you with us now, we'll find Rou and drag him out of there!", Fleur promised. "Thank you, that means a lot to me...", muttered Demitris. As they were about to make another plan, more noises were heard down the corridor, "Who could it be now?" wondered Viper. They peered into the hall once more.

Further down the darkened path, Fleur noticed Edward and Vox, seemingly chatting about the state of the syndicate." I wish I could tell Sir Edward everything, but it would break his heart...", she whispered to the other two with sorrow. Demitris agreed, "I'd stop him too if he weren't so powerful, I need help, any help!", Demitris exclaimed. They hid behind a brick pillar, hoping to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Eddie, have you found more leads on the state of the underboss and capos?", Vox said, referring to the uprising. "I haven't seen them all day...", Edward replied. Craaq frowned, "His concern, he doesn't know what's going on...", he uttered. "He's oblivious, probably hasn't even seen the anti-crime group...", Viper added. "I have to tell him!", Fleur expressed, but Craaq and Viper pushed her back. "Probably best if he remain obvious for now...", uttered Demitris.