Chapter 26

The next few seconds happened extremely fast. Her head was in a sort of delirium, absent and worried, she followed the police officers inside after they had kicked in the door without any hesitation. The scene she was now seeing was truly horrific just like the first time she had invaded their room. Seeing him like that almost immediately forced the tears out of her eyes. He was laying in bed on his stomach, clutching the bedsheets in his hands to somehow deal with the pain. Carla was kneeling on top of him, forcing some kind of sex toy in and out of him constantly, making him scream into the dirty looking pillows. It took Carla a few seconds to realize what was happening but before she could react properly, the two officers had already tackled her to the ground, Luigi requesting backup. Seeing Damiano like that and knowing that she was the one that had put him through this was almost unbearable for Victoria but at least the officers had caught Carla in action. Slowly, Victoria made her way towards Damiano, kneeling down in front of the bed. "H-hey...Angel...it's...it's me...", she whispered but he just let out some sobs while shaking his head: "You...you promised she...she wouldn't hurt me a-again. You...you...you lied to...to me." That definitely broke her heart in two. "Damiano...that's...that's not true. I did what I could and...and now she'll go to prison and never hurt you again.", she tried to sound calm but her thoughts were going crazy. She had thought her plan had been relatively good, considering the circumstances... that he would be hurt but they would definitely manage to get through it just like they had before but now...now it seemed like her oh so great plan had destroyed everything. He seemed to be conflicted as well, holding onto the bedsheets for support and probably seeking her comfort but at the same time acting distant and like he was really hurt, not only by Carla but also by Victoria herself. A feeling of hopelessness and uncertainty came upon her. Should she hug him? Should she step back and wait until he asked for help or should she just ignore his behavior and tend to him? Of course, she decided on the second one. She had already made the mistake of ignoring his obvious problems once and wasn't planning on doing that again. "I know, you're hurt and sad and angry and probably so much more and I promise, we can talk about that when we're back home but please just let me help you...please..." She kept her voice gentle and lowered, hoping to be able to get through to him. He didn't really respond but didn't show any obvious signs of disagreement, so she decided to just do what she could to help him out until they were back at home. She had a really strange feeling though, like everything was about to change again. She knew she had fucked up badly this time and something inside her just told her that with this move she had completely destroyed what they had had. But that wasn't something she could afford to think about right now. What she needed to do was concentrate on Damiano and Damiano only. Carefully, she sat down on the bed next to him, inspecting his body for any injuries that she needed to treat. Some bruises were forming on his arms and thighs and he was bleeding pretty badly from the sex toy being shoved into him in a rather harsh way but there was nothing she could do right now. "Miss...would you like me to call an ambulance for him? That should probably get checked out...", Officer Jordan had come over and it was only now that she realized that Carla was already gone and sirens were wailing outside. She looked over at Damiano who was just shaking his head slightly, so she declined his offer: "No, thank you, officer. We've dealt with this before. I can handle it." Officer Jordan looked at her sternly: "Are you sure Miss DeAngelis? I can easily call one...that's no problem." She nodded: "I know, officer but I am sure. I think that would only make it worse for him." The ginger haired guy nodded:" Alright, I'll leave you to it, then. I'll contact you in the next few days to give you updates and take your statement. If you have any questions, here is the number of my office phone." He handed her a piece of paper and then disappeared through the door. Now that she was alone with Damiano, she could put her whole focus on him. "Can you sit up, Angel? I can help you if you want me to..." His voice sounded even more broken than before, weak and depressed: "I think I can...I'll try.", and with that he shakily sat up, hissing in pain as his blood stained the white bedsheets. "Good job...here...I brought a bottle of water.", she explained while pulling out a black bottle from her bag. Shakily, he took the bottle, taking a few sips before handing it back to her, probably not able to take in more after that shock. "Let's get you dressed, okay? We need to get you home as fast as possible.", she didn't wait for his response before going to grab his black sweatpants and the white hoodie from the floor. He managed to get dressed by himself and soon enough, they walked out of the hotel, arm in arm but probably not as a couple anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey ;)

I'm back with another chapter...and it's a bit longer as the last ones. 

What's gonna happen next? Are they gonna be able to continue on their relationship? Is Damiano gonna get better or worse? Will Victoria be able to help him or is she going to fail this time? Is their relationship gonna fall apart? And what will happen with Carla? Let me know what you think in the comments.

Also, if you want you can follow me on Instagram...the link is in my bio.

As always, thanks for reading.

-Thalia