25

Hearing this scream, Su Yang immediately turned his head to look at the messed up surface of Jade Mirror Pond.

The collapsed ice waterfall had since ruptured into countless, huge pieces of ice, floating in the pond where a slow whirlpool had unknowingly appeared sometime ago. The floating ice chunks moved and gathered with the flow then steadily shifted to the center of the whirlpool.

Su Yang searched the water in panic, his keen eyesight caught some blood stains on a few pieces of crushed ice. At that moment, his mind suddenly turned blank.

No way!

No way that can be!

A voice sounded like thunder in Su Yang's ear, occupying all his thoughts.

——Gu Feidi can't die.

——He's still just a kid, he absolutely cannot die here!

Su Yang had no time to overthink, he subconsciously released Xu Yunzhan and turned his head back into the pond.

Fan Xi had just settled Chi Tong when he swivelled around and saw what was happening. He immediately rushed over to grab the lower hem of Su Yang's coat.

"Don't go! It's dangerous—!" His pupils widened, his eyes filled with fear.

Su Yang drew the soft sword from his belt and sliced off the hem of his coat without hesitation. He mobilised his Prized Flower Steps and jumped back into the pond with two leaps.

Fan Xi gritted his teeth and was about to follow, but Pu Lingyun rushed to clutch at his ankles.

"You said it was dangerous!"

Her eyes were red and there were water stains on her face; he couldn't tell if they were pond water or tears. She cried incoherently: "Don't go! Biao ge is still unconscious... I... what should I do? Don't go!"

In the end, Fan Xi didn't have the heart to cast her away.

With a moment's hesitation, Su Yang's figure disappeared into the Jade Mirror Pond covered with floating ice.

The strength of the underwater whirlpool wasn't strong, but it swept Su Yang in the direction of the current.

He tried hard to keep his eyes wide open, ignoring the stabbing pain of the icy water. He just wanted to see things clearly underwater.

It wasn't until he'd gradually approached the center of the most turbulent water current that Su Yang suddenly noticed a white figure curled up in a crack at the center of a boulder— Gu Feidi was wearing white clothes today and was still fairly visible in murky water. There was a scratch on his back and his calf was stuck in the stone crack. He was struggling to pull himself out of the boulder, making every effort to quickly extradite himself. His strenuous movements caused the wound on his back to tear. Blood gushed out, spreading in the surrounding pond water.

Su Yang hurriedly swam along the current, trying to help Gu Feidi move the boulder, but he discovered that the whirlpool of Jade Mirror Pond was caused by the crack in the stone that Gu Feidi's calf was stuck in!

Every time Gu Feidi tried to move the boulder, he himself would be pulled into the crack by the water, sucking him further in. After struggling several times to no avail, Gu Feidi looked up at Su Yang and stopped moving.

His underwater vision was blurred. Su Yang didn't know why, but when he suddenly approached, he saw a touch of despair on Gu Feidi's previously obscured features. It was similar to when he was seriously injured in the forest and had recognised Su Yang's Prized Flower Steps. His expression was weak and helpless, only able to silently accept that this was his fate.