48

Fan Xi and Pu Lingyun had already escaped, but Gu Feidi took the initiative to come back, so it seemed like he would not run away again.

It was getting late and autumn nights in the Wasteland were very cold. Su Yang didn't rush to travel urgently at night. He ordered them to set up camp, light a bonfire so they could have a warm sleep before setting off the next morning.

Mei Shisan did not object. He silently took the order and began setting up camp with the flower aides.

As a prisoner, Gu Feidi was supposed to be bound with his hands behind his back with a loop around his neck, but after the earlier events, they all saw that he had no intention of escaping and was allowed to move around freely.

Gu Feidi bandaged the wound on his palm properly and assisted Su Yang to straighten the felt pad and fur blanket. He then sat cross-legged beside Su Yang in silence.

Su Yang was also unwilling to let Gu Feidi be guarded by the flower aides, fearing that Mei Shisan and the others would resent him for the fight earlier and torment Gu Feidi, so he gave the order for Gu Feidi to be his pillow and that he was not allowed to move.

Gu Feidi couldn't help laughing. He stretched out his legs to sit, letting Su Yang who had wrapped himself in a fur blanket to lie on top of his lap.

The fire in the camp flickered and Su Yang was perturbed by the glaring light.

He tossed and turned, unable to sleep. At last, he turned his head to look at Gu Feidi, "Come, sing a song for the Young Saint?"

Gu Feidi looked down at Su Yang, frowned and was serious in thought before he finally said: "......I don't know how to sing."

Su Yang didn't believe him: "Nursery rhymes will do. You've learned nursery rhymes before, right?"

Gu Feidi shook his head, "Haven't learned before."

Su Yang: "How's that possible? You didn't learn nursery rhymes when you were younger? Then what did you do?"

Gu Feidi grinned, "Martial arts training, naturally."

This time Su Yang was really astounded and felt it was unthinkable: "Since you were a child?"

Gu Feidi nodded, "From as long as I could remember. Everyday, I would study and train martial arts without fail. Every now and then, when we left home and socialised, all were children from prominent martial arts families. When we meet, we would merely compare and learn from each other's skills as well as discuss martial arts."

This kind of childhood was actually quite pitiful and Su Yang's eyes couldn't help showing a trace of pity.

Gu Feidi didn't comprehend the expression in his eyes and asked, "Wasn't your childhood like that?"

Su Yang was about to refute, but he suddenly remembered that since 'shell' of his Devil Sect's Young Saint was able to possess the current martial arts skills, it seemed that he couldn't have escaped from this kind of fate either.

So he made an 'en' sound and stopped talking.

The fire cast oblique rays on Gu Feidi's face, making one side of his face gleam like gold, while the other side was hidden in the darkness and indistinct. There were only a pair of jet-black eyes, twinkling faintly as if there were stars in them. They stared fixedly at Su Yang for a moment.

Su Yang felt a bit uncomfortable in his gaze. He wrapped himself in the blanket, made a savage expression and bared his teeth: "What are you looking at?"

Gu Feidi smiled slightly, "You seem to have changed a lot."

Su Yang was taken aback.

"Previously when you were in Lesser Jade House, you weren't as recklessly carefree as you are now." Gu Feidi said in a low voice, "In those days, you seemed constrained by something for everything you said and did. Even when we met again in the Wasteland, you also... looked as if you were bearing some burden that you couldn't cast aside."