39

Gu Feidi did not continue to question him on why he didn't recognise the sand scallions, he just smiled and shook his head slightly, looking helpless.

The two of them cut several clumps of sand scallions together. Gu Feidi recognised another edible plant called 'sand rice' and picked some at the same time, washed off the topsoil in the stream and immediately ate it raw.

The taste of the plant wasn't great, there was no seasoning and it was still cold, but it was sufficient to fill their bellies.

"There's plenty of water and weeds in this cave and there will be insects and rodents residing here. The insects and rodents will attract snakes and the like." Gu Feidi said, "If we encounter any snakes, we can kill and eat them."

Su Yang choked for a moment, then asked: "Neither of us have a fire stick, how are we going to eat snakes? Don't tell me you're going to drill wood to make a fire?"

Gu Feidi looked at Su Yang and smiled: "The Young Saint is accustomed to being dignified and naturally he has never eaten raw snake meat."

Su Yang was shocked: "Eat it raw?!"

Gu Feidi was silent for a moment and said, "We'll talk about it when we see one. Let's go."

Having eaten, it was time to continue exploring the interior of the cave. They couldn't nest in this place and wait to die just because there was water and vegetation there.

After both had walked a few steps, a burst of 'sss-sss' sound came from the clump of sand scallions.

Gu Feidi drew his long sword and pushed aside a clump of grass. A greyish-white snake that was five or six feet long suddenly retracted its head and was about to flee. Gu Feidi reacted swiftly moving forward, raised his sword and chopped off the snake's head.

Su Yang: ......

The protagonist's mouth halo was really extraordinary. He'd just mentioned that he'd wanted to eat a snake and a snake was immediately delivered to his doorstep.

It was his first time seeing a snake in the wild and he curiously leaned forward to look at it.

"Don't touch it." Gu Feidi said, quickly digging a small hole in the ground with his sword and burying the snake's head.

In the end he said: "This is a viper, it's poisonous. Even when the head is cut off, it can still bite. We mustn't be careless."

Su Yang, who had zero survival skills, could only nod suddenly. He watched as Gu Feidi drew out his dagger, flayed the skin of the snake, washed it in the stream and cut the body into sections.

"Try it?" Gu Feidi prepared the snake, handed a section to Su Yang and smiled, "Snake meat is delicious and the taste isn't bad when eaten raw."

Su Yang didn't dare and couldn't help taking a half step back.

He stared at the snake meat for a long while as if he was facing an enemy: "This... it's easy to have parasites in raw meat..."

Gu Feidi was puzzled: "What parasite?"

Su Yang was silent, "......Gu worm. "

"Gu?" Gu Feidi's raised an eyebrow and smiled, "Witchcraft is indeed a commonly used method by Eluo Ghost Tent, but they don't raise Gu in the bodies of snakes, you can rest assured."

Su Yang: ...

Oh, yes, how could he forget, this was a fictional world of martial arts. No author or screenwriter would be so idle when writing the story setting as to include parasites in the snake meat.

After all, if the protagonist encountered difficulties and needed to eat raw meat but ends up dying of a parasite infection; that would be too embarrassing.