76

Gu Feidi hugged the unconscious Su Yang. He became a little frenetic when blood started seeping out from his nose and mouth.

Fortunately, Bear Weng had been equally scared by Snake Po who had also passed out. He immediately ceased his attacks and carried his wife off to retreat.

Seeing that both parties had someone that needed tending to, Bear Weng withdrew along the mountain path without saying a word.

Gu Feidi also held Su Yang tightly in his arms. He raised his bloodshot eyes and stared profoundly at Bear Weng and Snake Po. Then, he immediately lifted Su Yang horizontally, activated his light footwork and shrouded both of them in the dense fog with a few leaps.

The mountain path was surrounded by sheer cliffs with massive rocks. With some difficulty, Gu Feidi managed to locate a stone crevice that was somewhat sheltered from the wind and brought Su Yang in to hide.

This time, Su Yang's cold symptoms were pounding incessantly into him. His physical condition was extremely poor and blood was still seeping out from his mouth and nose. Gu Feidi's red eyes were anxious as he used his internal strength to probe Su Yang's meridians, but he was driven back by the icy air that had congested inside. He had no choice but to apply his internal strength outside the meridians in an attempt to stabilise the dwindling body temperature.

There wasn't much of Gu Feidi's internal strength left after the earlier battle, yet he had no time to adjust his energy and regulate his breathing. He could only exhaust his remaining internal strength and transfer it to Su Yang to keep him warm.

It wasn't until his last bit of internal strength had been wrung out, that his meridians began to throb and Su Yang's body temperature gradually settled.

Although he was being held, he was still as cold as a block of ice. At least his breathing and pulse had finally stabilised.

Hugging Su Yang with one arm, Gu Feidi opened his luggage with his other hand and poured out all the clothes and other items inside. He used the clothing to wrap both of them together and warmed Su Yang's body with his own.

There were still bloodstains at the corners of Su Yang's mouth which couldn't be wiped off because they had congealed and dried. Gu Feidi lowered his head and softly kissed Su Yang's lips. He slowly stuck out the tip of his tongue and gently licked away all the bloodstains.

He pressed Su Yang's cheek to his forehead and slowly closed his eyes.

"Su Yang, please... get better soon." Gu Feidi murmured in Su Yang's ear.

The weather in the mountains rapidly changed and snow began to flurry down outside the stone crevice again.

Without internal strength circulating within his body, Gu Feidi also suffered the winter-like chilly air. He hugged Su Yang tightly, closed his eyes and adjusted his breathing, recovering some internal strength and transmitting all of it over to Su Yang. After Su Yang's physical signs had stabilised, he regulated his breathing for a while and then helped warm Su Yang up.

As such, he maintained and repeated this cycle until the snowstorm gradually stopped. By that time, the darkness of night had already fallen outside the stone crevice.

The Cold Pond Ice Spirit in Su Yang eventually quieted down in degrees and his body temperature began to increase, slowly returning to normal. Unfortunately, he had all along been immersed in a deep sleep and no matter how Gu Feidi shouted, he didn't wake up.

The unexplained fatigue was disconcerting. Gu Feidi didn't dare to fall asleep. He held Su Yang for the whole night and sat with him until daybreak.

When Su Yang opened his eyes, he caught sight of a thin layer of snow that had fallen onto the piles of clothing stacked up in front of him. His body was tightly attached to Gu Feidi's chest with only a thin piece of clothing separating them and his hands were being mindfully warmed in his embrace.