57

After pondering for a long time, Su Yang still couldn't find the reason in the storyline for the Devil Sect's Young Saint to extradite the poison for Gu Feidi.

He internally consoled himself: this world was fictional to begin with, there may be some plot points which were not strict or some unknown settings that he was unaware of that enabled Pu Lingyun, who practiced pure and upright methodology, to practice Half Withered Red.

Besides, what was important now was not to investigate the questionable points of the heroine's methodology, but to overcome the issues caused by the Cold Pond Ice Spirit and persevere in mastering the methodology.

Su Yang calmed his state of mind, sat cross-legged, extinguished the flame again and began to stimulate his internal strength.

Although the Cold Pond Ice Spirit was a double-edged sword, it has to be said that it was indeed beneficial to those practicing cold methodology.

It took about three days for the Su Yang to surpass the first level of Half Withered Red. After completing the first week, the effort required would be reduced. Coupled with the help of the Cold Pond Ice Spirit, another two days later, Su Yang had achieved a breakthrough of the first level of Half Withered Red.

When Su Yang opened his eyes from meditation, he moved his limbs around for a while. They were almost frozen stiff, so he bounced up and down in the dark for a moment to get his temperature to return to normal. He then lit the torch and returned to the stone chamber where the two of them were staying.

He himself could not tell whether there was a psychological impact but he didn't want to let Gu Feidi know the price he'd paid to train Half Withered Red. Furthermore, he didn't want Gu Feidi to see the negative influence of Cold Pond Ice Spirit on him.

For this reason, he had specifically instructed Gu Feidi not to look for him in the room. The excuse was that he must not see light while training the Half Withered Red.

Gu Feidi was also very obedient and had never disturbed Su Yang. Every day, he sat quietly at the table grinding the ink stone and writing scriptures to calm his mind.

Seeing Su Yang returning to the stone chamber, Gu Feidi put down his brush and looked up, "How is it?"

Su Yang grinned, sat down across the table and raised his eyebrows proudly: "This Young Saint has never had bad instances while training methodologies. Today, I've managed to breakthrough the first level, so this calls for a proper celebration!"

Gu Feidi also laughed and asked, "There's no tea or wine here; how are we to celebrate?"

Su Yang thought for a while and said, "It doesn't matter, we can celebrate by singing and dancing! You said you can't sing, why don't I teach you?"

Gu Feidi raised an eyebrow: "You know how to sing?"

Su Yang proudly said: "Although I don't sing professionally, at least my pitch is on point, so teaching you is not a problem."

Hearing his words, Gu Feidi made a confused expression: "Pitch what?"

Su Yang: .......

He'd been so relaxed lately that he had misspoken in modern-slang.

Su Yang snickered twice and said, "It's Devil Sect slang, it means I can sing quite well."

Gu Feidi smiled: "Then you sing first and I'll decide if I want to learn or not."

Su Yang thought for a moment then picked a song he once liked and often hummed. He slowly began to sing.

"Wandering alone in the sea of ​​people, walking with loneliness. The sound of footsteps is as light as dust and no one can hear my monologue.