82

The next morning, Su Yang slept until the sun was high in the sky before bewilderedly waking up.

The weather today was sunny and it was a rare chance that there wasn't a layer of clouds around Yuqiong Peak. The sky was deep blue and bathed in exceptionally bright sunlight. It reflected the accumulated snow that never melted all year round and they seemed to twinkle with the resplendence of the little stars in the Milky Way.

The atmospheric temperature there was still quite low. As he stood at the door of the room, the chilly air from outside caused Su Yang to shiver a little.

"The interior of the room is warm and cosy, so there's no need to go out today." Gu Feidi dragged him back inside the room, "Now that you want to nurse your health here, you can recuperate with peace of mind. There's no need to wake up early everyday."

Su Yang raised his head to look at the sun, he was pleased: "Wake early? I'm afraid it's already Si period*. Any later and in a while, we can have lunch straightaway......"

(*TN : 9 – 11am)

True enough, not long after that, Luo Yu dispatched his disciple to deliver lunch and a set of fur robes to protect against the cold.

After Su Yang and Gu Feidi ate lunch together, Luo Yu called Su Yang over for an examination. He took Su Yang's pulse, then picked up a brush and began drafting a prescription.

"The Ice Spirit is overbearing and your internal strength is this cold. It will gradually impair your meridians, then your body and vitality soon after." Luo Yu said, "I can't subdue the Ice Spirit for you. As such, I will use a prescription to strengthen your meridians and nourish your vitality. This will enable you to endure the abrasion of the Ice Spirit as much as possible. We'll buy as much time for it as we can."

Su Yang nodded as he retracted his hand into the sleeve and discreetly massage his cold fingertips.

He silently watched as Luo Yu finished writing the prescription before speaking: "Luo... Elder, I still want to trouble you to help me eliminate the blood Gu completely."

Luo Yu heard what he said and frowned, "If you want to eliminate the Gu, you need to manoeuvre Half Withered Red. It will still worsen your cold symptoms even if you use the hot spring pool. Besides, eliminating the Gu is basically harmful to the meridians. In the event the process goes awry, your body will be incapable of enduring it and will swiftly fall apart..."

After considering for a moment, Su Yang said: "Regardless, I still don't want to depend on consuming medicine to nourish and delay only for a year or two. If by some chance the curse on my body comes true, this delay may not actually delay it for that long. I might as well... proceed according to my own wishes."

Luo Yu was taken aback: "Do you truly not fear death?"

Su Yang slowly released a breath and gave a wry smile: "It's not that I don't fear death, just that...now that it's already like this, it's pointless to be fearful, right?"

Seeing that he had already made up his mind, Luo Yu sighed and said: "So be it. I'll add an acupuncture session for you. After completing a course of treatment, I will eliminate the Gu for you."

Su Yang nodded: "Thank you, Elder."

Luo Yu looked at Su Yang and couldn't stop himself: "If you want, you can hereafter call me jiujiu."

Su Yang: ...

Though he strove hard for sometime, in the end he couldn't bring himself to say it. So he gave Luo Yu a slightly apologetic smile, "Still... in any case, it's more fitting to address you as Elder."